2018 Expedition Production Information

ice-capades

Don’t count on getting a pin here. It’s supposed to be for friends not strangers and Ford has cracked down on that the last few years. Besides the dealer doesn’t have to accept it and you can usually do just as good without it.

My order still isnt scheduled, hoever i saw a comparable model thats in production, just missing a feature and diff color.

Im hoping that once I see a schedule date it will lessen the pain of waiting lol Ive debated on shopping but Im going to wait. A few weeks wont kill me and Ill save the hassle of shopping and looking. I will probably go see them once they hit the dealers though. Edited by boredinbirmingham

I saw one dealer in ga is getring their truxk at the end of the mnth. They didnt want to really work out a lease and its 12hrs away so no go for me.

What's interesting is that while some of the VINs have Estimated Delivery dates, I have net to find a VIN that has finished production and entered the Awaiting Shipment phase. I'm assuming until we see at least one of those, that there hasn't been an Expedition that has been released yet and those estimated dates may slip. Did you find one that is Awaiting Shipment or In Transit?

I seen only one thats awaiting shipment and its actually not too far from me. However its weird to see it but production of it started a week ago, some earlier production vehicles are still in production. Im guessing that for it to be put in awaiting shipment status, it has to pass some aort of inspection and alot of the first builds are still being inspected.

I seen only one thats awaiting shipment and its actually not too far from me. However its weird to see it but production of it started a week ago, some earlier production vehicles are still in production. Im guessing that for it to be put in awaiting shipment status, it has to pass some aort of inspection and alot of the first builds are still being inspected.

You nailed it. Anything built before ok to buy is given will be moved to awaiting shipment upon any reinspection and any necessary repairs. Give it time, for an all new model like that things could be moving a LOT slower.

Definitely seeing a lot more Awaiting Shipment now. Of the four 2018s in a 100 mile radius of me, two are Awaiting Shipment while two are In Production. One of the Awaiting Shipments has an expected delivery date of 11/12. Will be interesting to monitor to see if that date slips.

Definitely seeing a lot more Awaiting Shipment now. Of the four 2018s in a 100 mile radius of me, two are Awaiting Shipment while two are In Production. One of the Awaiting Shipments has an expected delivery date of 11/12. Will be interesting to monitor to see if that date slips.

When I ordered in late August my dealership said best case scenario they could see some dealer stock mid November but customer orders best case would be mid December. Im keeping my fingers crossed to get mine in early to mid December but know full well it could be into the new year. At this point Im just waiting on the OK to buy to be issued before I get too hopeful.

I ordered mine but a like one is in awaiting status and the dealer is willing to ship to another dealer closer to me. Mine still foesnt have a build date, i may bite the bullet and snap that up if the deal is good

Yeah the wait totally sucks. There are only 4 within 100 miles of my location and none are even close to what I ordered. Ill be waiting and checking production statuses. In the long run whats a few weeks of waiting over the course of many years of ownership.

Yeah the wait totally sucks. There are only 4 within 100 miles of my location and none are even close to what I ordered. Ill be waiting and checking production statuses. In the long run whats a few weeks of waiting over the course of many years of ownership.

The other bad thing being in the front of the line is not a lot of incentives. Waiting 6-8 months may be a better idea if you don't really need to replace now.

The other bad thing being in the front of the line is not a lot of incentives. Waiting 6-8 months may be a better idea if you don't really need to replace now.

Unfortunately for us we out grew our current car with 2 kids last year and started looking but decided to wait for the 18s because of the remodel. We like to buy new and drive long term so we figured it would be worth the wait. Its gonna be sooooo nice once the day finally comes that we can all four go grocery shopping together and not have groceries in our laps lol

fuzzymoomoo,

Just out of curiosity, is there an official date for this "okay to buy" designation?

Thanks again.

Dennis

No. It happens after 5 consecutive days of no major build flaws. It could take 5 days or it could take months. I'm not aware of it ever taking longer than a few weeks but with so many variables in building cars it's not out of the realm of possibility.