2018 Expedition Production Information

ice-capades

Considering the market and the rebates/discounts on the GM's, how long after these show up on lots do people expect to see rebates/discounts to make the prices more competitive?

I don't follow the auto market that closely, but from what I have heard, sedans are really "taking it in the neck" and SUV/CUV seem to still be selling.

I don't follow the auto market that closely, but from what I have heard, sedans are really "taking it in the neck" and SUV/CUV seem to still be selling.

They are but midsized sedans are such a big market that even if they drop 25% it's still a huge market with the top sellers doing 300K+.

They are but midsized sedans are such a big market that even if they drop 25% it's still a huge market with the top sellers doing 300K+.

Which is why the Fusion is still important, and should not have received such a lame ass MCE.

Which is why the Fusion is still important, and should not have received such a lame ass MCE.

Exactly. Fusion needed a more significant styling MCE. Focus needed the same and to replace the powershift DCT with a 6F unit. Focus should have gotten a new top hat for 2018. The current one is going into its 7th year.

On top of that it seems Fields wanted to keep D3/4 Taurus and Explorer for several more years. Doesn't make any sense.

Exactly. Fusion needed a more significant styling MCE. Focus needed the same and to replace the powershift DCT with a 6F unit. Focus should have gotten a new top hat for 2018. The current one is going into its 7th year.

On top of that it seems Fields wanted to keep D3/4 Taurus and Explorer for several more years. Doesn't make any sense.

Which is why Fields is no longer employed !

My wife and I actually put down a deposit and ordered an Expedition today. Our dealer is saying "around November." Is that the timing that others are hearing as well? I know information is scarce, but thought I'd check. Thanks.

I ordered a Platinum on the 15th, when the order bank opened. The first day of production is 9/25, and being a brand new model, it will take some time before they are released for sale....sometimes as long as 6 weeks. November is probably optimistic.

Thats what i heard. I plan on putting my deposit down this wk but i was tryna hold out until the configurator came out to see wat color looks best. What did you end up ordering if you dont mind me asking?

Ordered a Platinum Max in Stone Gray. First Ford for us. We were a long-time Toyota SUV family (4Runner x3, RAV4, Sequoia). Our '08 Sequoia was amazing for 9 years when we decided to try and downside to something smaller and more modern (XC90). After a year that experiment has failed with our family of five and Golden Retriever. We're simply too busy/active for the XC90 and need more cargo space. Went camping last week and had to take two cars. Took a road trip this weekend with a bunch of outdoor gear for the 4th...took 2 cars.

We would have gone back to Toyota but we couldn't get ourselves to buy pretty much the exact same vehicle that we bought 10 years ago. Disappointing they haven't updated the Sequoia. We test drove a Suburban/Yukon and simply hated the high cargo area and cramped 3rd row due to the rear axle. Which brought us to the redesigned Expedition. It seems to have everything we want for our family. Fingers crossed.

Maybe not having the configurator and seeing all those Platinum pics on the website subconsciously convinced me to go Platinum...their games are working! ;-)

Wish i could go platinum, but id go navi select for that price point. Yea toyota kind of jus let the sequoia sit and is now doing to the 18 my what ford did with the expy in 15my, just a slight refresh.

I debated that but ultimately it's my wife's everyday driver. She didn't see herself in a Lincoln. The brand didn't resonate with how she perceived herself.

We would have gone back to Toyota but we couldn't get ourselves to buy pretty much the exact same vehicle that we bought 10 years ago. Disappointing they haven't updated the Sequoia.

This was precisely why we did not buy another Expedition, although our first one was a very good vehicle. I'm glad they finally made the move and got it updated.

I had a similar revelation when deciding on my next vehicle. Have owned an Expedition since 04. When I looked at the 2018 pricing, it seemed high so I checked out the Navigator. Looks like I will be getting a Navigator.

This was precisely why we did not buy another Expedition, although our first one was a very good vehicle. I'm glad they finally made the move and got it updated.

Meanwhile people still think it's not a big deal that Ford isn't updating Fusion and Focus after 6-7 years.

Meanwhile people still think it's not a big deal that Ford isn't updating Fusion and Focus after 6-7 years.

The market for these keeps getting smaller and probably not money well spent for major updates. The thing they should do is get rid of the Focus transmission.

The post refresh models are nice, but its hard to argue that they are so old. It amazes me that on the other forums, members are so adamant about how ford shouldve did minimal to, yet before the 18s were released, they were lamenting on how the design is 20 yrs old. The foreigns arent much to look at and the gms are fundamentally old trucks too. After much waiting, once getting used to the interior, im pleased with what they did and hope ford put as much i to the driving characteristics of the truck so it can compete with the foreign s.

The market for these keeps getting smaller and probably not money well spent for major updates.

Hogwash! Camry and Accord are still selling 30K per month. Fusion could be in the 20K-25K range easy with an update. It's still a huge market even though it's smaller than it used to be.

• 3 weeks later...

They put the configurator online yesterday. Placed my order, they extended A plan to aunt, uncle, niece, nephew... so I am getting A-plan loaded, less rear seat entertainment and buckets, Limited. Couldn't stomach putting premium in the Platinum for $15 or more extra every fillup.

Edited by Azgdds