2018 Expedition Production Information

ice-capades

Ugh. Lets hope they use a different rail company to Florida (doubt they will use a convoy as the window sticker currently says), though mine hasnt even left the plant yet! 5LMJJ2LT8JEL04015

Happy New Year.

Ugh tell me about it!! I saw that update and thought the exact same thing about mine coming to GA. Our two trucks are probably riding together, my delivery window is 1st-7th. We are in the home stretch!

Ill post my VIN just in case anyone wants to check on potential rail disasters for me as well.

5LMJJ2LT2JEL03183

Edited by boredinbirmingham
  • Like 1

Ugh. Lets hope they use a different rail company to Florida (doubt they will use a convoy as the window sticker currently says), though mine hasnt even left the plant yet! 5LMJJ2LT8JEL04015

Happy New Year.

It's on a train moving through Tennessee as of an hour ago. Edited by Pioneer

Ugh tell me about it!! I saw that update and thought the exact same thing about mine coming to GA. Our two trucks are probably riding together, my delivery window is 1st-7th. We are in the home stretch!

Ill post my VIN just in case anyone wants to check on potential rail disasters for me as well.

5LMJJ2LT2JEL03183

On a train moving through Louisville as of 10:30 this morning.

Whats a reasonable amount of miles a car from the factory should have? Do they have a test track they run these on or do they go from the line to the rail yard?

Depends on if they did a QC road test or not. If the did a road test, it will have a little more but it shouldnt have too much more than 50 on it.

Im sure someone more familiar with the PDI process can verify this for me but as it rolls out of the plant and leaves the test track it will be at about 3-5 miles from the dyno, track, and anything extra from being loaded/unloaded for shipping.

It can also depend too on how the shipping company handles things too. For instance if you buy a Focus or C-Max, it might have close to 25 miles on it if they drove it to the holding yard at Flat Rock Assembly. The only reason I know its 25 miles because I live nearby and work at MAP where the Focus is built and I drive 50 miles round trip to and from work.

Why they do this, Im not sure, probably because theres way more loading ramps for trains at a FRAP (2 different sets of ramps, Im not sure how many exactly. I should try to count as I drive by one day) vs the 4 at MAP, and its access to a different railroad, CSX and Norfolk Southern both service tracks surrounding MAP (CSX owns a small yard right next door) and Canadian National owns the much bigger yard that borders FRAP.

It can also depend too on how the shipping company handles things too. For instance if you buy a Focus or C-Max, it might have close to 25 miles on it if they drove it to the holding yard at Flat Rock Assembly. The only reason I know its 25 miles because I live nearby and work at MAP where the Focus is built and I drive 50 miles round trip to and from work.

Why they do this, Im not sure, probably because theres way more loading ramps for trains at a FRAP (2 different sets of ramps, Im not sure how many exactly. I should try to count as I drive by one day) vs the 4 at MAP, and its access to a different railroad, CSX and Norfolk Southern both service tracks surrounding MAP (CSX owns a small yard right next door) and Canadian National owns the much bigger yard that borders FRAP.

They drive them to DTP too. They also load and unload behind the Marathon oil refinery. I've seen Focus, Flex and Edge at DTP, and every kind of vehicles behind Marathon.

• Like 1

They drive them to DTP too. They also load and unload behind the Marathon oil refinery. I've seen Focus, Flex and Edge at DTP, and every kind of vehicles behind Marathon.

Cool, I didnt know that. Theres a few other places I see near me that loaded with new cars. Edited by fuzzymoomoo