2018 Expedition Production Information

ice-capades

Got my window sticker today and cotus says in production now. Based on when this happened with my 15 F150 I would estimate I'll have it around Dec 9th give or take. My original order date was 7/7.

I would imagine everyone else on this forum that ordered around the same time as me should be getting their window sticker soon, might want to check cotus.

Brian

Greetings all,

I stopped by a dealership who had a Pearl white Platinum in the show room. It was nice to finally see one in the flesh. Its a nice looking truck inside and out. The 22” wheels make the 20” wheels on my 2007 Expy look puny...

My salesman just emailed me the VIN for my order. 1FMJU2AT8JEA09896

Would anyone be able to use it to determine its build date or status?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

Greetings all,

I stopped by a dealership who had a Pearl white Platinum in the show room. It was nice to finally see one in the flesh. Its a nice looking truck inside and out. The 22” wheels make the 20” wheels on my 2007 Expy look puny...

My salesman just emailed me the VIN for my order. 1FMJU2AT8JEA09896

Would anyone be able to use it to determine its build date or status?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

It is scheduled to be built December 5th. No dealer ETA.

• Like 1

It is scheduled to be built December 5th. No dealer ETA.

I know production is likely prioritized based on model, features, etc but can the last digits of the VIN be used as a GENERAL indication of build order? This response was a 12/5 build for a VIN ending in 9896. My VIN ends in 7762. I've heard from dealer "production the week of 12/4" but COTUS is still in "Order Processing." Can I assume, because 9896 is on 12/5, that my 7762 would arguably be built before 12/5?

Well, I just blew my theory out of the water. I found a random inventory vehicle on Ford's webpage that ended in 8206 and that one is already In Production. So the answer is no, this does not suggest mine is earlier than 12/5!

Man, I'm just hoping to get the vehicle before New Years but it's not looking good!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Scheduled to the week of December 18th.

Thank you Pioneer.

That is startling news, as my dealer had told me, earlier this month, that it was scheduled for the week of Jan 8th. So when MiddKid posted his schedule was bumped 2 weeks I thought mine might get bumped to Jan 22.

Do you think it may make my Caro, MI dealer (in the thumb) this year?

I'm excited to get it sooner, but I was basing my plans on paying for it, on getting it in 2018.

Thanks again,

Dennis

That is startling news, as my dealer had told me, earlier this month, that it was scheduled for the week of Jan 8th. So when MiddKid posted his schedule was bumped 2 weeks I thought mine might get bumped to Jan 22.

Well, I simply don't know what to believe anymore! I've gotten so many conflicting stories from my dealer!

I'm assuming I'll get the same info but may as well get a confirmation...here's my VIN: 1FMJK1MT5JEA07762

@Pioneer Are you seeing the week of 12/18?

At this point I'm thinking part of my issues is simply how few 2018s are in this part of the country (Pacific Northwest). If I search inventory 100 miles from my zip code there are a whopping ten 2018s in the area...maybe our priority slots are just low on the totem pole. My dealer is saying that mine is the first one they'll get.

Definitely realizing now that giving a deposit in July did absolutely nothing to get it here sooner!

Well, I simply don't know what to believe anymore! I've gotten so many conflicting stories from my dealer!

I'm assuming I'll get the same info but may as well get a confirmation...here's my VIN: 1FMJK1MT5JEA07762

At this point I'm thinking part of my issues is simply how few 2018s are in this part of the country (Pacific Northwest). If I search inventory 100 miles from my zip code there are a whopping ten 2018s in the area...maybe our priority slots are just low on the totem pole. My dealer is saying that mine is the first one they'll get.

Definitely realizing now that giving a deposit in July did absolutely nothing to get it here sooner!

Yes. Build is scheduled for the week of 12/18.

Did they ask you for a deposit? We offered a deposit for our Navigator and the dealer said none was needed and it wouldnt make any difference. They said all they needed was a copy of my ID and my signature on the order to show that I was a real person and not just a dealer trying to get a vehicle sooner than their regular stock order. My build date is flipping January so Im jealous of your situation.

Ive never had to put a deposit on any new vehicle Ive bought. Im skeptical of dealers that require that.

On another note, I saw my first 2018 Expedition at a dealer this morning. Ill have to stop and check it out. Looked good from the road. If anyone needs a white one right now, perhaps an opportunity for you.

The roll out in general seems painfully slow. I'm in the Southwest and it shows 12 in my area . My dealer is one of the largest and they show 1.

The roll out in general seems painfully slow. I'm in the Southwest and it shows 12 in my area . My dealer is one of the largest and they show 1.

I just checked the locator and my dealer has zero for both Expeditions and Navigators. Our local dealer is about 20 miles from a busier bigger dealer in a much bigger city so Im wondering if ordering from the local dealer hurt me in the having to wait category. Within 100 miles it says 50 Expeditions with only a few actually on the lot, 13 Navigator with zero on the lot.

I should mention Im in the Atlanta area.

Edited by boredinbirmingham