Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2018 Expedition Production Information

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ice-capades

ice-capades

Ford Dealer Advertising & Inventory Manager

• 2,242 posts
  • Joined 25-July 01
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Mustang GT Premium Fastback

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:03 AM

Here's the latest information available for the 2017/2018 Expedition production schedule.

• 03/03/2017 - 2017MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 03/30/2017 - 2017MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 07/02/2017 - 2017MY Job Last Date

• 06/12/2017 - 2018MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 07/20/2017 - 2018MY Scheduling Begins
  • 09/25/2017 - 2018MY Job #1 Date

Note: The changeover timetable for the 2017/2018MY Lincoln Navigator has not yet been released.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   HofstraJet

HofstraJet

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 22-October 06
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Expedition Limited

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:20 AM

Very helpful. Thank you. My lease ends late November so I need to order as soon as I can. Depending on sound system, may get the Navigator this time as they seem to be getting the higher end Harman system.

#3 OFFLINE   caplanm

caplanm

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 12-June 04

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:44 PM

Here's the latest information available for the 2017/2018 Expedition production schedule.

• 03/03/2017 - 2017MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 03/30/2017 - 2017MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 07/02/2017 - 2017MY Job Last Date

• 06/12/2017 - 2018MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 07/20/2017 - 2018MY Scheduling Begins
  • 09/25/2017 - 2018MY Job #1 Date
Note: The changeover timetable for the 2017/2018MY Lincoln Navigator has not yet been released.

As a dealer, have you seen any information on the 2018, in terms of spec's, content, or pictures?
  • RH512A likes this

#4 OFFLINE   BORG

BORG

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,149 posts
  • Joined 19-September 99
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:None

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:47 PM

The next-generation Navigator is MY 2019 according to what the Dealers are being told.  

Edited by BORG, 14 January 2017 - 05:49 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   tbone

tbone

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Raptor Supercrew

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:27 PM

The next-generation Navigator is MY 2019 according to what the Dealers are being told.  

Which can go on sale as early as January 2018, correct?

#6 OFFLINE   BORG

BORG

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,149 posts
  • Joined 19-September 99
  • Current Vehicle:None

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:49 PM

Which can go on sale as early as January 2018, correct?

Correct. Like the MKX the Navigator may go on an extended production hiatus which they'll soften by increasing inventory by batch producing 2018s.  Although it's possible both are arriving much later than originally estimated.  I've been told not to expect Navigator to be available at all this year which is when my lease is up, ah well.  The new Navigator is really sharp, I'm really excited for you guys to see it.  The black label wheels alone are stunning.  And yeah, it's going to be monstrously expensive if you want to go all out but I think it murders the Escalade.   

Edited by BORG, 14 January 2017 - 08:55 PM.

• ehaase and JoeCrow like this

#7 OFFLINE   HofstraJet

HofstraJet

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 22-October 06

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:07 PM

Correct. Like the MKX the Navigator may go on an extended production hiatus which they'll soften by increasing inventory by batch producing 2018s.  Although it's possible both are arriving much later than originally estimated.  I've been told not to expect Navigator to be available at all this year which is when my lease is up, ah well.  The new Navigator is really sharp, I'm really excited for you guys to see it.  The black label wheels alone are stunning.  And yeah, it's going to be monstrously expensive if you want to go all out but I think it murders the Escalade.   

Thanks. Maybe I can just finance the residual on my 15 Expy and wait for the Nav. Sounds like it may be worth the wait.

#8 OFFLINE   ice-capades

ice-capades

Ford Dealer Advertising & Inventory Manager

• 2,242 posts
  • Joined 25-July 01
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Mustang GT Premium Fastback

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:43 AM

As a dealer, have you seen any information on the 2018, in terms of spec's, content, or pictures?

There won't be any specifications available until the 2018 Expedition Order Guide is released to dealers which is usually on or about the date that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens. I will upload the order guide as soon as it's available!

#9 OFFLINE   Dlcorbett

Dlcorbett

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 192 posts
  • Joined 28-August 13
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:08 ford fusion

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:51 AM

have you seen the expy as well of no any i formation regarding the expy and features. how about the navi besides that it will look good lol.

#10 OFFLINE   tbone

tbone

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:23 PM

The GM triplets are very solid offerings, so if this proves true, very exciting times are ahead for Ford full size SUVS.

#11 OFFLINE   tbone

tbone

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:26 PM

Thanks. Maybe I can just finance the residual on my 15 Expy and wait for the Nav. Sounds like it may be worth the wait.

It has been a while since I have leased anything, but I thought you could work it out so you could extend your lease beyond the original lease term as needed?

#12 OFFLINE   tbone

tbone

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:44 PM

I was just contemplating the affects of the new Expy/Nav on the resale value of the old ones. Do the old models' values go down due to the influx of old models traded on new models, the simple supply and demand model, or do the old models' values stabilize and perhaps improve due to Expy/Nav becoming acceptable nameplates again in the the well heeled areas, where most of these will be sold?

The neighbor has a new Expy/Nav, but I can't afford a new one, so I'll settle for the old model.

Edited by tbone, 15 January 2017 - 12:46 PM.

#13 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 26,210 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Ti (Ruby Red)

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:28 PM

The old ones will probably stay the same or go up a little because the new one will raise transaction prices a good bit including less incentives.

2013 Fusion Titanium (Ruby Red)
2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve (Luxe/Cappucino)

#14 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 26,210 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Ti (Ruby Red)

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:29 PM

It has been a while since I have leased anything, but I thought you could work it out so you could extend your lease beyond the original lease term as needed?

They will extend it for a few months.

2013 Fusion Titanium (Ruby Red)
2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve (Luxe/Cappucino)

#15 OFFLINE   buddysystem

buddysystem

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 241 posts
  • Joined 28-November 99

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:10 PM

Do we have any confirmation about wheelbase options for the Expy and Navi?  There was some debate a while ago whether there would be a standard and EL length on these.  Some suggested that the Navi might only have a standard length but with more rear leg room.  2 wheelbases?  three?

Past Fords:
1997 Explorer XLT (hers)
1994 Mustang Cobra
1989 Probe GT
1988 Festiva (hers)
1986 Mustang GT
Current:
2005 GMC Yukon XL

2013 Honda Pilot (hers)
1955 Willys Wagon

#16 OFFLINE   Dlcorbett

Dlcorbett

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 192 posts
  • Joined 28-August 13
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:08 ford fusion

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:26 AM

good question, i have seen both spied versions of the navi bit only the reg version of the expy, will there be 2 versions of both? also, will there be more interior room in both now?

#17 OFFLINE   Craig Morton

Craig Morton

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Facebook Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 06-March 17
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Expedition

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

FORDS ALUMINUM BODY SECRET: I hope 2018 Aluminum Body Corrosion problem is fixed. Our 2015 Ford Expedition with 20,000 miles in California has Aluminum Corrosion on the front hood and rear hatch door. Ford has known about this problem since the year 2000 and has done nothing about it, documented in Technical Service Bulletin TSB 16-0028. Dealerships are aware, but do not disclose the factory defect prior to sale, which is Fraud.

#18 OFFLINE   HofstraJet

HofstraJet

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 22-October 06

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:57 PM

FORDS ALUMINUM BODY SECRET: I hope 2018 Aluminum Body Corrosion problem is fixed. Our 2015 Ford Expedition with 20,000 miles in California has Aluminum Corrosion on the front hood and rear hatch door. Ford has known about this problem since the year 2000 and has done nothing about it, documented in Technical Service Bulletin TSB 16-0028. Dealerships are aware, but do not disclose the factory defect prior to sale, which is Fraud.

Here's a link to the TSB: http://www.f150forum...-tsb16-0028.pdf

Surprising that they continue to have the issue and keep updating the TSB to add in the current year. That said, I have a 15 Expy Limited with 45K miles in SE Florida and have no such issues. But mine is garaged at home and office if that matters.

#19 OFFLINE   fordtech1

fordtech1

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Ford Fusion SEL, 2007 Volvo C70, 2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid, 2005 Ford Focus

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

I understand it being a concern. However, not all do it. So do and some don't. It's covered under warranty and will be repaired. What's the issue? It's no different than a part going bad and needing replacement. The dealer didn't sell a vehicle with a defect off the lot. It happened over a short period of time. That's what a warranty is for. Defects in manufacturing or parts. On the flip side, better prep should be done during assembly.
  • MY93SHO likes this

#20 OFFLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,981 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2015 Focus

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:30 PM

I understand it being a concern. However, not all do it. So do and some don't. It's covered under warranty and will be repaired. What's the issue? It's no different than a part going bad and needing replacement. The dealer didn't sell a vehicle with a defect off the lot. It happened over a short period of time. That's what a warranty is for. Defects in manufacturing or parts. On the flip side, better prep should be done during assembly.

BUT IT HAPPENED TO ME OMG ITS FRAUD IM NEVER BUYING ANOTHER FORD AGAIN!!!11111
  • NLPRacing and MY93SHO like this

What? What happened?

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·