Caprice and SS gone after this year

Fgts

But only 2 years between the GTO and the G8.

Maybe they'll bring back Pontiac along with it.

Oooh. Here's an idea:

They can bring back Pontiac as their "Tesla fighter", and move the division's HQ to Santa Clara, and hire a bunch of people who commute to work on unicycles, and then they could come up with a Pontiac subscription plan where you get a fresh Pontiac on your doorstep each morning wrapped in paper, and they could use the word 'curated' a lot.

If they didn't see this coming, shame on them.

I'm sure Ford will make sure the equipment can be transferred. I thought they did that with the current one vs. the CV?

Yeah, it was pretty obvious that eventually the Caprice would be abandoned........wait a minute.....there's not going to be a Caprice Classic Limited for 3 years?

Correct, Ford made sure the equipment could be transferred from the CV to the PI and PIU.

Or wave the white flag like Lincoln "performance"....

Some white flag, especially when you can see TTV6 options in all models except MKC...

or do you want to count that tiny group of V Series buyers as wiping the floor with Lincoln?

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

Illinois State Police went with the Caprice. That's got to suck. It will be interesting to see what Ford does to maintain cominality when it replaces the PI/U

NJ State Police went with the Caprice also last year IIRC and I haven't seen anything else, but my travels on the state highways is nil as of late. My local PD has a mixed fleet of PIUs and Caprice (seems like its 80/20 for the split) and a smattering of CVPIs I see at times, but they might be aux or special police units.

Where were all the car guys who "swore up and down that they would buy a RWD AUS car", if offered? Ford was smart to not waste money trying to sell Falcons here.

IL State police run Tauruses on Chicago land highways, Caprices are mainly in rural areas. Once parts supply gets more expensive for the orphaned AUS cars, they will get auctioned off.

I've seen one Caprice police car. It is part of the fleet for Middletown, Pa., a small borough outside of Harrisburg.

Why that small department chose a Caprice is a good question. I'm guessing that a borough council member is related to one of the local Chevrolet dealers.