Hellcat Topping Demon Set to Be Revealed at NY Auto Show

Anthony

When gas spiked up a few years back, I was shocked at all the smaller cars from the 1980/90s on the road I saw...and how good of condition they where in!

It's kind of amazing how long cars last now, compared to even when we were kids.

Like, I'll see someone driving around in a 20 year old car and think nothing of it, but if you saw people driving around 1966 cars in 1986?

I think a lot of credit belongs with improved engine manufacturing & materials. I mean, 100,000 miles on a 1960s engine meant the rings were shot, the valves were shot, the bearings were shot. Not to mention better rust-proofing, etc.

I think a lot of credit belongs with improved engine manufacturing & materials. I mean, 100,000 miles on a 1960s engine meant the rings were shot, the valves were shot, the bearings were shot. Not to mention better rust-proofing, etc.

When I was digging up period info for the Taurus, I saw an article that said that Caddy was doubling the use of galvanized steel in 1986!

The other thing was cutting development time from 5-7 years to 3-4 years like the Japanese by the 1990s...

• 2 weeks later...