Not exactly Ford news but a shocker anyway

blksn8k2

And let's face it - at 37 he wasn't likely to win a championship.

Well not sure I would agree with that. Look at how the season ended- with the new format someone gets a good break and they are in, on the other hand..........

Besides-how many 37 year olds do you know that can be cramped up in a race car for 2 or 3 hours at about a 100 degrees, then get out and do a backflip from 3 ft off the ground :)

And let's face it - at 37 he wasn't likely to win a championship.

I will always remember the 2011 Ford 400 race when Carl Edwards was tied with Tony Stewart for the championship, and would have been given the crown except for the pit call to Jeff Burton to "slow down" allowing Tony to finish the race with enough points for a tie. The tie allowed Tony to win based on having more previous wins than Carl throughout the season. I don't recall Carl ever complaining about what Burton did to prevent him from the championship. I think that shows a lot of class!

Let me rephrase that - a 37 yr old who is already concerned about his health is probably not going to drive on the edge the way you need to drive to win a championship.

It is possible though.

One of my cousins had a saying about older drivers. He said their problem was they had developed an "air gap". In other words, they could no longer sit back in the driver's seat...