Not exactly Ford news but a shocker anyway

blksn8k2

Live news conference here: http://krcgtv.com/live/event

Short Version:

1) He's satisfied with his career, on being the best he can be at any given time

2) He wants to spend time on other things and people outside of racing

3) His health - he's healthy, and he wants to keep it that way

He didn't say "the 'R' word" so he isn't saying he's retired, he's "stepping away."

Edited by fordmantpw

Ok I'm out of rumors.

Maybe he just doesn't have that competitive spirit any more and would rather be sitting on the beach with an umbrella drink. If I had his money I'd probably be doing the same.

I would do the same as well. Listening to his press conference, #2 & 3 seemed to be the big ones.

I wonder if Dale Jr's concussion issues played a factor in #3.

One of the reporters asked that exact question. He was sorta noncommittal with the response, but overall it was a 'yes.' He mentioned that he wants to be sharp 30 years from now, because the health risks aren't just now, but down the road as well.

One of the reporters asked that exact question. He was sorta noncommittal with the response, but overall it was a 'yes.' He mentioned that he wants to be sharp 30 years from now, because the health risks aren't just now, but down the road as well.

There you go.

I can relate to what Cousin Carl did. Although I could probably have kept working for another four or five years I decided to retire at the end of April last year. I didn't hate my job, I was making really good money and I have no health issues. However, I bought a really nice home with 91 acres in my home town in rural PA almost five years ago. I have a nice pension and I am old enough to get early SS. Sure, I could have waited to get a couple bucks more in my monthly retirement check from Uncle Sam and I could have added more to my 401K but I wanted to move back home and I could afford to do it now while I am still healthy enough to enjoy it. I have spent most of my time since I retired putting up a 40x50 steel building to keep all my toys in and have taken enough time out for hunting and fishing. I have two small ponds and thirteen tree stands for deer hunting on my property plus a stocked trout stream within walking distance of the house. Believe me, it was not a mistake.

• Like 2