2018 Lexus LS Debuts

rmc523

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/09/2018-lexus-ls-turbo-v6-redesign/

As already mentioned, the new body is wrapped around a stretched version of the LC's platform, and it also uses its 10-speed automatic. Surprisingly, though, the LS doesn't use the LC's powertrain. Under the hood is a completely new twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V6 that pumps out 415 horsepower and 442 lb-ft of torque. That puts it down on power, but ahead in torque compared with the LC's V8. It's also significantly more than the previous LS' V8, and Lexus predicts it will be capable of a 0-60 mph time of 4.5 seconds with rear-wheel drive. A Lexus PR representative also said the LS is only being released with the V6. We doubt it would be hard to drop one in later though if Lexus saw demand.

More at the link.

2017-naias-2018-lexus-ls-500-005-1.jpg

2017-naias-2018-lexus-ls-500-004-1.jpg

hss-storage-midas-1cbbab18d277d58dc46a21

I like it from the side, but that front... WTF?!!! It amazes me how they can make a bad grill design worse each year! It makes the Acura parrot beak look like art! I didn't notice the fangs until RMC523 pointed it out, and now I can't unsee that!

The LC is far worse....

lexus-lc-day-9-seb3269-0019-1.jpg

When bold design is done with care and craftsmanship along with good proportions, I can really get behind it and enjoy it...even if it's hard to rationalize as anything but overwrought and gimmicky. I think you can have two sides of the spectrum, German precision and Japanese eccentricity (never thought I'd see the day!) with American/Korean conservatism right in the middle. I'm just glad that everybody is finally doing their own thing. I will say it's much harder to get the extremes right so that's why I'm have tremendous respect for something like this out of Lexus which I think gets it brilliantly right. And ultimately, it's hard to see all of these customers cross-shopping each other as much as they use to.

Edited by BORG