Continental owner's report

I do draw the line where additional power requires a super stiff suspension. I would not be interested in CTS-V or Hellcat HP if I had to live with the harshness every day. I just like cars that float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.

I will take the Conti to the drag strip on occasion but likely not as often as I did the MKS. It is just so much fun to have a land yacht that can run with or out run the guys with their Mustangs, Camaros, and hemi Challengers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The additional miles that I have accumulated since my initial owners report have vastly improved the car's transmission shift quality. It no longer feels like an invisible hand shuts off the engine during the shift.

While shifts are still barely perceptable in normal driving, the shifts have gotten quicker and firmer under wide open throttle. The lazy laggy shift behavior was the only complaint I had about the car's performance. Apparently break-in miles and the transmission's adaptive learning have done the trick.

• Like 2

The additional miles that I have accumulated since my initial owners report have vastly improved the car's transmission shift quality. It no longer feels like an invisible hand shuts off the engine during the shift.

While shifts are still barely perceptable in normal driving, the shifts have gotten quicker and firmer under wide open throttle. The lazy laggy shift behavior was the only complaint I had about the car's performance. Apparently break-in miles and the transmission's adaptive learning have done the trick.

Yeah, I was going to say, Ford's transmissions have had the adaptive learning that tailor them better to how you drive......so if you putz along and accelerate slowly for a while, it'll behave best for that, but if you start driving like a maniac after that, it'll shift poorly for a bit while it gets accustomed to the new driving behavior.

OASIS MESSAGE :

THE 6F50 AND 6F55 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION UTILIZES AN ADAPTIVE LEARNING ROUTINE

TO ASSIST IN OPTIMIZING SHIFT QUALITY. THE TRANSMISSION MAY HAVE FIRM AND/OR

SOFT SHIFTS WHEN FIRST DELIVERED DUE TO IMMATURE LEARNING. THIS OPERATION IS

CONSIDERED NORMAL AND WILL NOT AFFECT FUNCTION OR DURABILITY OF THE

TRANSMISSION.