Chevy bed commerical analyzed.

fordtech1

Imagine that, deceptive advertising to sell a product, well I never...

Actually I remember when Ford did the bed bounce demo if you looked closely at one of the videos the bed hit the cab. However, those commercials weren't as much of an attack as these. Plus I think most people see these bed commericals as an act of desperation.

Thanks for sharing, fordtech1. I love the guy's line at the end where he says, ".... and we gave GM this much money to put out this kind of garbage marketing", or something like that. This commercial was nothing more than a desperate (and deceptive) cheap shot that may be actually hurting GM’s truck sales more than helping. And I’m happy that Ford chose not to get down in the gutter with these classless clowns at Government Motors.

Totally unrelated, but another commercial that bugs me is the AIG reverse mortgage with Tom Selleck. Here's a multi millionaire, in a 3 million dollar New York loft, hawking a reverse mortgage to retired people unable to buy their medicine or groceries. If the spokesperson is going to claim it's a good deal, that person should at least appear like they would need and use the product. I know, I know, image is everything, but come on, it's directed to older folks who can be vulnerable and sometimes make decisions without fully knowing the details, a persons life savings aren't paper towels.

• Like 2

Totally unrelated, but another commercial that bugs me is the AIG reverse mortgage with Tom Selleck. Here's a multi millionaire, in a 3 million dollar New York loft, hawking a reverse mortgage to retired people unable to buy their medicine or groceries. If the spokesperson is going to claim it's a good deal, that person should at least appear like they would need and use the product. I know, I know, image is everything, but come on, it's directed to older folks who can be vulnerable and sometimes make decisions without fully knowing the details, a persons life savings aren't paper towels.

But he's Tom Selleck....someone you can trust

• Like 1