Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Continental • Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Roush announces two-car team for 2017

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   blksn8k2

blksn8k2

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,431 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:04 PM

http://performance.f...-cup-plans.html

This makes some sense with the departure of Greg Biffle but I wonder if all of this was in any way impacted by the Stewart-Haas switch to Ford for 2017? Did Ford "suggest" that Roush cut back so they could funnel more resources to the new kids on the block? With four new teams to supply engines for I am sure Roush-Yates Engines has had to make adjustments in personnel, etc. as well.

While I hate to see the further decline of Roush-Fenway because of Jack's obvious loyalty to Ford, I suppose the writing has been on the wall for a few years now. When Jack refused to make the financial effort necessary to keep his best drivers it looked all too obvious that he treats his race teams as a business and that the passion for winning comes second. Penske has proven that you can win with Ford power so its hard to defend Roush-Fenway's lack of performance.

I am not a big fan of their driver line-up but I hope Stewart-Haas hits the ground running. Harvick and Kurt B. are no doubt talented drivers but they do seem to have some personality issues. ;)  Danica keeps the cash flowing. Not much else to say there. Its yet to be seen if Boyer has any real talent. 

On a somewhat related subject what's up with the name NASCAR Premier Series? I suppose Monster Cup would have drawn some not so flattering comments like "So...who's favored to win the Monster Cup this year?"  "Well, at least Danica should know how to strap in."  :doh:

My current rides:
07 Sport Trac Limited 4x4 V8
99 Mustang Cobra (Roush Body Kit)
75 Bronco (393 Windsor, NV3550 5-speed)
70 Mustang Mach 1 (428 CJ, 4-speed)
68 Cougar (390 GT, C6)
67 Ranchero (460, C6, Pro Street)

"Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

- Ronald Reagan

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 ONLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,591 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2015 Focus

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:13 PM

I think Bowyer has talent. He has to to be able to win in RCR cars during their decline and in the half-assed MWR cars.

What? What happened?

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·