Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Logano loses chance to win after Edward's Desperation Block

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bdegrand

bdegrand

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Joined 14-April 11
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Hybrid/ 2017 Fusion Sport

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:59 AM

Anyone have an opinion on that block that caused both drivers to lose the championship? I thought Logano had his nose inside Edwards but Carl drove him off the track to stop the pass.

Edited by bdegrand, 21 November 2016 - 09:01 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 ONLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2015 Focus

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:51 AM

I don't have a problem with it, especially as classy as Carl was in the aftermath when he said he wouldn't have been able to sleep knowing he gave him that lane. Last race of the year for the championship, you gotta do what you gotta do. Plus it didn't end up hurting Joey all that much.

What? What happened?

#3 OFFLINE   Bob Rosadini

Bob Rosadini

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • Joined 15-October 99

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:49 PM

I don't have a problem with it, especially as classy as Carl was in the aftermath when he said he wouldn't have been able to sleep knowing he gave him that lane. Last race of the year for the championship, you gotta do what you gotta do. Plus it didn't end up hurting Joey all that much.

Agree-its what they do.  And class act on Edwards part.  I can think of a couple of others who would have handled it much differently-

#4 OFFLINE   bdegrand

bdegrand

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Joined 14-April 11

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:26 PM

Agree-its what they do.  And class act on Edwards part.  I can think of a couple of others who would have handled it much differently-

Agreed. I think Joey was a class act for not whining about Edwards blocking him. I think if Joey was able to dodge the obvious block, he had a great chance to win the race. I am glad neither Toyota won.

#5 OFFLINE   bifs66

bifs66

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 16-February 04

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:00 PM

The three Ford-sponsored championship deciding NASCAR races this past weekend had no Fords in the hunt, except for the one Logano Ford in the Sprint Cup race.   Perhaps that situation may change next year with Ford picking up another Sprint Cup championship contending team; since the Roush and Petty teams seem to remain behind the top tier competitors.  It was interesting to see all three series champions actually win their respective race.  

1966 Mustang Fastback Restomod
1985 Mustang GT (Preserved)
1997 F-150 4x4
2011 Edge SEL

#6 ONLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 26,200 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Ti (Ruby Red)

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:12 PM

Some would argue that none of those races had any Fords, Chevys or Toyotas .........    :stirpot:

2013 Fusion Titanium (Ruby Red)
2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve (Luxe/Cappucino)

#7 ONLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:24 PM

The three Ford-sponsored championship deciding NASCAR races this past weekend had no Fords in the hunt, except for the one Logano Ford in the Sprint Cup race.   Perhaps that situation may change next year with Ford picking up another Sprint Cup championship contending team; since the Roush and Petty teams seem to remain behind the top tier competitors.  It was interesting to see all three series champions actually win their respective race.  

Nope. William Byron won the truck race, Johnny Sauter won the Championship.

What? What happened?

#8 OFFLINE   Stray Kat

Stray Kat

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Joined 28-July 03

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:10 PM

You guys think a drastic block like that was correct? I don't think so. I saw Jeff Gordon do that to Rusty Wallace at Daytona to win the race. The next year NASCAR put out the "no passing below the yellow line rule".

I've seen many "big ones" (wrecks) triggered by this type of boneheaded maneuver.

Think of it this way fellas. If Logano would have "moved" Edwards he would have been black flagged or penalized or more. Logano had it at that point. Edwards might have been passed but he was stronger. He could've come back.

Instead Edwards takes himself and a bunch of others out of the race. Just dumb!
  • bdegrand likes this

#9 ONLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:18 PM

Not a plate track, yellow line rule doesn't apply.

What? What happened?

#10 OFFLINE   Bob Rosadini

Bob Rosadini

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • Joined 15-October 99

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:04 PM

Some would argue that none of those races had any Fords, Chevys or Toyotas .........    :stirpot:

Whaaa???  But It says National Association for STOCK CAR.........Next thing you'll want is for them to go back to racing on the beach!

But I agree-when you read  "The Dust and the Glory" by Leo Levine, you get the flavor of what the term NASCAR actually meant once upon a time.

You guys think a drastic block like that was correct? I don't think so. I saw Jeff Gordon do that to Rusty Wallace at Daytona to win the race. The next year NASCAR put out the "no passing below the yellow line rule".

I've seen many "big ones" (wrecks) triggered by this type of boneheaded maneuver.

Think of it this way fellas. If Logano would have "moved" Edwards he would have been black flagged or penalized or more. Logano had it at that point. Edwards might have been passed but he was stronger. He could've come back.

Instead Edwards takes himself and a bunch of others out of the race. Just dumb!

Truly, this was...."one of them racin' deals"

#11 OFFLINE   Stray Kat

Stray Kat

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Joined 28-July 03

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:18 AM

Not a plate track, yellow line rule doesn't apply.

Yes I understand that. At the Superspeedways this type of crap causes a 30 car pileup.

Now if Logano would have turned Edwards there would have been a whole different deal.

Please explain if Logano would have gone around how he wasn't going to get repassed fair and square by any number of those quicker cars. In my opinion that was a close your eyes and turn left boneheaded move on Edwards part.

This blocking crap has gotten out of control. This evolved from "making your car wider" which was a reasonable way of taking the racing line away from the guy behind you. Sweeping across the track and collecting cars is a common dick move these days. It's junk!
  • bdegrand likes this

#12 OFFLINE   bdegrand

bdegrand

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Joined 14-April 11

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:52 PM

Yes I understand that. At the Superspeedways this type of crap causes a 30 car pileup.
Now if Logano would have turned Edwards there would have been a whole different deal.
Please explain if Logano would have gone around how he wasn't going to get repassed fair and square by any number of those quicker cars. In my opinion that was a close your eyes and turn left boneheaded move on Edwards part.
This blocking crap has gotten out of control. This evolved from "making your car wider" which was a reasonable way of taking the racing line away from the guy behind you. Sweeping across the track and collecting cars is a common dick move these days. It's junk!

Sounds like Toyota fellow driver Kenseth rubbed off a little of his blocking technique on Edwards. In answer to Logano maybe still losing with 9 laps to go if he pulled around Edwards....it would have been a tough call. I think Logano is the best of that group of drivers.

Edited by bdegrand, 23 November 2016 - 04:53 PM.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·