Chevy Offers $11,000 Discount To Move Silverado

blwnsmoke

http://247wallst.com/autos/2016/10/23/chevy-offers-11000-discount-to-move-silverado/

General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) is currently offering a total incentive package of up to $11,115 on its 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT All Star.

Ram is offering savings of up to 20% on some 2016 models and the company says that works out to $11,134 in incentives. Ford’s top offer appears to be around $7,500 on some 2016 models.
  • Like 1

Old habits die hard. I just hope Ford can hold on to sales crown. They are coming on almost 40 years.

Oh and please don't turn this into "if you combine, Silverado, Sierra, escalade, volt, Buick, ELR, corvette" then they outsell the F-series. I already get that.

BTW this is a Ford enthusiast website. If you have nothing but derogatory remarks to say go over to GMI or pickup trucks.com. I don't go to GMI or tundra enthusiast websites and pour useless vomit like some here.

Edited by fordtech1
  • Like 2

Makes you wonder how that commercial is working for GM with the rocks being dumped in both beds lol.. Yes, their trucks are superior.. here is $11k off, PLEASE come buy one.

I always heard that in marketing you never mention your competitors. That commercial reminds me if this presidential race. Don't tell me how much your opponent sucks. Tell me what you can do!

Edited by fordtech1
  • Like 2

Ford will hold onto the sales crown, remember that it's judged by sales of an individual brand

and not by accumulative brands like GM has...

I can understand why GM is throwing $11K on the hood of its 2016 Silverado trucks,

it only has about half of the number Ford has left to sell and will be out of them by early December.

Ford is going long on the 2016 and probably won't make its $11K incentive until GM has nothing to match it.

Mods,

Perhaps we need to move this thread to competition area and merge with Pioneer's thread.....

Edited by jpd80

Ford will hold onto the sales crown, remember that it's judged by sales of an individual brand

and not by accumulative brands like GM has...

I can understand why GM is throwing $11K on the hood of its 2016 Silverado trucks,

it only has about half of the number Ford has left to sell and will be out of them by early December.

Ford is going long on the 2016 and probably won't make its $11K incentive until GM has nothing to match it.

Mods,

Perhaps we need to move this thread to competition area and merge with Pioneer's thread.....

I actually meant to post this in the competition thread... don't know how I screwed the pooch on that one. Oops.

I just reported it to have it moved.

Edited by blwnsmoke

Those incentives include package discounts also? Such as moon and tune, and other bundled packages that are in the window sticker that say discount. So save $500 on moon and tune which is in the MSRP already. That $500 is inclined that total discount number of 10.5k? Is that correct?

I'm curious to see how the numbers will hold for pickups in the next few months. They've all been offering big incentives for so long, I think the customer won't buy until they get them. I bought a Supercrew back in 05 and think the incentive was over 9K. That prompted me to buy one of the nicest they had.

I'm curious to see how the numbers will hold for pickups in the next few months. They've all been offering big incentives for so long, I think the customer won't buy until they get them. I bought a Supercrew back in 05 and think the incentive was over 9K. That prompted me to buy one of the nicest they had.

I bought my '05 on 12/31/05 for 33% off sticker. Sticker was 36k and I paid 24k. Those deals, if you can find them, normally only come around for end of year blowouts for Ford now.