Continental Review

So does Ford do anything right? Do they have any products you like? Because it isn't very clear.

Of course, like any company that's been in business for over 100 years Ford has made good decisions. One of the wisest was selling off Jaguar Land Rover and Volvo and allowing them to grow and prosper under their new owners.

Regarding Ford products I like, of course I like my trusty '04 Ranger. My favorite Ford product is the wonderful '56 - '57 Continental Mark II. Someday I hope to get one as a collector/investment car.

158406_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

• Like 1

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kbrauer/2016/11/04/2017-lincoln-continental-a-full-fledged-luxury-car-worthy-of-the-name/#7acfb2947204

I was pretty much agreeing with this review until he seemed to lump the MKZ and MKS platforms together as one. I excused that but when he referred to "Braking" as "breaking," it ruined the review for me....even though he like the car.

If I recall correctly, Akirby is not a fan of using breaking to refer to braking, either. :doh:

• Like 1

http://www.slashgear.com/2017-lincoln-continental-first-drive-how-to-reboot-an-icon-04462796/

I spent my time in the 3.0-liter AWD, and it’s something of a star. Peak torque arrives at around 2,750 rpm, meaning low-speed pickup is swift, and it hides the not-inconsiderable 4,224 pound curb weight well. Around town it purrs discretely, but there’s a welcome rasp to the engine and exhaust when pushed.

Its all-wheel drive system is special, too. Unlike the fairly standard setup on the less powerful engines, the 3.0-liter is paired with dynamic torque vectoring at the rear. Unlike braking-based vectoring, which slows the inside wheel in a turn for tighter cornering at the expense of power, the Continental’s system borrows from the Ford Focus RS and can actively direct more power to one side or the other.

The result is a big luxury sedan that hustles with surprising ease through corners. Out in the twisting mountain roads above LA, switched to Sport mode, the Continental proved positively playful. MacPherson strut dampers and integral-link suspension on the front and rear, respectively, are joined by continuously controlled damping. It’s not the air suspension that some offer, but it’s more than enough to smooth out rough tarmac and potholes without bucking like a ship at sea.