2019 Ram Front and Rear Designs Revealed

rmc523

2019ram1500-b01-kgp-ed-1.jpg

2019ram1500-b02-kgp-ed-1.jpg

A day after a dealer meeting leak gave us a look at the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL and2019 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, we now have this, our first look at the 2019 Ram 1500. The renderings, which come from a printout titled "Ram Brand Lit Signatures" on the wall of a dealer meeting, gives us a clear look at the next-gen truck's front and rear fascias.

More at the link: http://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/19/2019-ram-1500-spy-shots/

Very slick, certainly the best looking Truck front-end I've seen to date. F-Series has a very utilitarian and boxy design, RAM is very smooth and curvaceous but in a muscular way, it's certainly a differentiator next to the lookalikes from Ford/Chevy/GMC. The bumper alone on the RAM is unlike anything else on a truck, plastic instead of metal with no massive gaps or a step on the front bumper.

Edited by BORG

Very slick, certainly the best looking Truck front-end I've seen to date. F-Series has a very utilitarian and boxy design, RAM is very smooth and curvaceous but in a muscular way, it's certainly a differentiator next to the lookalikes from Ford/Chevy/GMC. The bumper alone on the RAM is unlike anything else on a truck, plastic instead of metal with no massive gaps or a step on the front bumper.

You're a bit generous with the adjectives - Its just a truck.

Looks like a Dodge Dakota from 10 years ago!

post-13728-0-69422200-1476905951_thumb.png

Edited by Kev-Mo

I do like the headlights. That's one of the things that have gotten progressively worse on the F150 (for me personally) over the last 2 generations. I actually prefer the 04-08 version over the 09-14 version over the current version.

Agreed. Ford and GM both have this insistence of making the front end of their trucks look like rolling bricks and I have no idea why. I've always really liked the styling of the current gen RAM, aside from the gaudy REBEL version, and I'm glad they're sticking with a more sculpted front end yet still managing to make it look like a truck.

I'm wondering what it's going to be made out of. FCA and GM are trying to hire away anybody they can from Ford that works, or has worked, on the F-150 program.

I thought I read that the Ram wasn't going to Al in '19.

But, GM has perfected this Al construction stuff (even though it sucks in truck use), so why do they need any help?? </sarcasm>

That's the biggest compliment to Ford and their workers, that the competition wants to hire them. I hope Ford pays them well enough to keep them around.

As a person that actually buys trucks, and likes the current Ram design, I'm not sure about this one. I would need to see this in person before passing a final judgment. As it stands, it looks like an SUV from the front.

Same here. It looks like a car fascia design. It wouldn't be my first choice. This is not a truck guy front end.

I find it amusing how the Tundra and now this Ram have copied the same design element from the F150. That bottom uptick element on the tailgate.

2014-Toyota-Tundra-1794-Edition-rear-end

You do realize the picture of the Toyota tailgate you posted is from the 2013 Chicago auto show? When the F-150 tailgate looked like this:

QAA-Ford-F-Series-Polished-SS-Tailgate-I

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/toyota/tundra/2014/2014-toyota-tundra-first-look/

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 1

All trucks look the same, it really doesn't matter.

tumblr_m3blm8olIj1r8iwag.png

• Like 1