Ford recalls 2017 Lincoln Continental for headlight problem

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/11/2017-lincoln-continental-headlight-recall/

Oops!

Only about 300 cars are in consumers' hands, a spokesperson said. Customers can use a Lincoln service program where dealers will pick up their Continental, fix it for free, and return it, the spokesperson said.

Wonder if the one I saw yesterday on the road was one of these 300...

I don't think I understand this, they used an LED lens on HID fixtures...but the LED fixtures are COMPLETELY different, how is that possible?

I guess we know now that they aren't verifying or calibrating the headlamps on those cars in final assembly, I know this is a procedure common in German factories with high-tech headlamps.

Edited by BORG

Lincolns parent company, Ford Motor Co., said the HID headlamps of the affected cars might have been misbuilt with LED lenses that are missing the lens optics necessary to meet turn-signal visibility requirements that are laid out in section 108 of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard, which regulates automotive lighting.

When a Squadron or Flight Commander screws up, it is the Wing Commander that is at fault.

There is one company that has their name on that car.

100% of the responsibility belongs to Lincoln.

Most people that are good at making excuses, are good at little else.

Most of Fords recalls are supplier issues. I think they need better suppliers. Ford gets the black eye not the supplier.

This is only true if the recall is by Honda and Toyota. American car companies don't have the luxury of making small mistakes in the perception of the 'average' consumer.

Precious darling Prius recall announced today - probably not Toyota's fault.

Customers don't pay much attention to these things unless they're personally impacted. At least with Lincoln they'll come pick it up and fix it and bring it back so very little inconvenience.

They do need a better handle on suppliers though. These problems seem to be getting worse not better. Throttle bodies, door latches.....