Contract books

DSPF150

Does anyone have any idea of when we are going to get our new (13 months old) contract books? It's almost like the union waits as long as possible to pass them out so the won't be bothered by people questioning whats in it. It's the same answer every 4 years that it's at the printer. With all of the technology out there today there is no excuse for them to take so long for them to get them to us.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone received a actual contract book? What does the union not want us to see? We can hold their feet to the fire if you can actually point something in the book without going online to try and find it. As far as finding it online you go to the ford website under benefits and it's the old contract.WTF!

Has anyone received a actual contract book? What does the union not want us to see? We can hold their feet to the fire if you can actually point something in the book without going online to try and find it. As far as finding it online you go to the ford website under benefits and it's the old contract.WTF!

You're not looking in the right place.

https://uaw.org/fordhighlighter/amp/

Scroll down and there is the full contract and unplublished letters.

Now I will say I'm saddened by some of the attitudes here and at the plant. I get it, you don't have a physical book but if you have a smart phone or tablet and still claim "I have never seen the contract." well that to me is pathetic.

Union members seem to have this sense of entitlement as if their commiteeman should be bringing them a book and there should be some grand ceremony for it. If you're an uninformed union member that's your own fault.

Fun fact: I started at DTP Final. In my first few months I heard a lot of people say they had no contract book and wanted to know where I had gotten mine, I always carry it in my lunch box. I told them there was a big stack of boxes on a pallet outside labor relations, it's been sitting there since I was in orientation.

Most of them never went and got one. "It's my committeeman's job, I shouldn't have to go to labor to get one."

Everything you need as a union member is there to be had. If you don't have it that's on you and not the UAW.

While they are supposed to represent and protect the membership it is not any unions duty to wipe asses or noses. They are not there to teach you how to walk, read, or write.

The onus is on us to educate ourselves, if the union spent it's time catering to people too lazy or lack the care to swing by labor and grab a damn book you'd never get any representation.

All the knowledge we need is there, it's your job to find it.

Edited by caustic
  • Like 2

You're not looking in the right place.

https://uaw.org/fordhighlighter/amp/

Scroll down and there is the full contract and unplublished letters.

Now I will say I'm saddened by some of the attitudes here and at the plant. I get it, you don't have a physical book but if you have a smart phone or tablet and still claim "I have never seen the contract." well that to me is pathetic.

Union members seem to have this sense of entitlement as if their commiteeman should be bringing them a book and there should be some grand ceremony for it. If you're an uninformed union member that's your own fault.

Fun fact: I started at DTP Final. In my first few months I heard a lot of people say they had no contract book and wanted to know where I had gotten mine, I always carry it in my lunch box. I told them there was a big stack of boxes on a pallet outside labor relations, it's been sitting there since I was in orientation.

Most of them never went and got one. "It's my committeeman's job, I shouldn't have to go to labor to get one."

Everything you need as a union member is there to be had. If you don't have it that's on you and not the UAW.

While they are supposed to represent and protect the membership it is not any unions duty to wipe asses or noses. They are not there to teach you how to walk, read, or write.

The onus is on us to educate ourselves, if the union spent it's time catering to people too lazy or lack the care to swing by labor and grab a damn book you'd never get any representation.

All the knowledge we need is there, it's your job to find it.

Great post.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to our Bargaining Unit, we at CAP are able to pick up hard copy of the Master Agreement.

I`m betting the "number" of members that have all the complaints, all the time, will be a mirror image of the "number" of left over copies of the Master Agreement......

But wait.... these ingenious Rep`s are using bait to get the complainers to at least come to the handing out of the copies of the master agreement. :idea: Ahhhh stuff a couple auto show tickets in volume one :thumbsup:

Decker

Thanks to our Bargaining Unit, we at CAP are able to pick up hard copy of the Master Agreement.

I`m betting the "number" of members that have all the complaints, all the time, will be a mirror image of the "number" of left over copies of the Master Agreement......

But wait.... these ingenious Rep`s are using bait to get the complainers to at least come to the handing out of the copies of the master agreement. :idea: Ahhhh stuff a couple auto show tickets in volume one :thumbsup:

Decker

Our union is sad.

• Like 1