Bronco Returning

I just hope we are not in for a Ford version of the Jeep Renegade. Don't think we are, but can't be too sure about anything these days.

That really isn't possible if its going to be built at MAP with the Ranger.

Anyways Ford's Renegade challenger would be the Ecosport anyways....

EcoSport is a class below the sweet spot of the B-Segment utility in the US so we probably won't see any generation of that vehicle here, but it's very successful in emerging markets.

It'll be very interesting to see what the Bronco actually is, I assume the 4-door Wrangler will have more design influence than the original 2-door Bronco.

It'll be very interesting to see what the Bronco actually is, I assume the 4-door Wrangler will have more design influence than the original 2-door Bronco.

Ford normally doesn't copy/inspired competitors styling (unless they are Luxury makes like Audi and Aston Martin or maybe Bentley as of late)

They did do this as concept:

ford_bronco.jpg

I'm sure that the Bronco will have its own look vs other Ford CUVs and trucks. I'm getting the impression it will be the "Mustang" of its CUV/SUV lineup.

EcoSport is a class below the sweet spot of the B-Segment utility in the US so we probably won't see any generation of that vehicle here, but it's very successful in emerging markets.

I don't think the Ecosport is a good fit for the US market either, but Ford can't really afford to wait another 2-4 years for a small CUV to come to market either with its small car sales slipping.

I can see the EcoSport holding the line till the Electric Model E comes online, which from all impressions is going to be a CUV type vehicle (at least the first one to launch) due to the lack of interest in the Sedan market these days.

I'd say that is the biggest thing hurting Ford at the moment.

Ford normally doesn't copy/inspired competitors styling (unless they are Luxury makes like Audi and Aston Martin or maybe Bentley as of late)

They did do this as concept:

ford_bronco.jpg

I'm sure that the Bronco will have its own look vs other Ford CUVs and trucks. I'm getting the impression it will be the "Mustang" of its CUV/SUV lineup.

Yeah there's no way they rebadge and Everest and call it a day as someone suggested either in this thread or the other one.

I can't imagine what 3rd party model Ford would be producing at MAP. I could see Ranger, Bronco, and an Everest-like model. It would be similar scenario to the FJ Cruiser/4 Runner or Pathfinder/XTerra pairings.

Troller fits the bill in brand name and it loosely shares the T6 platform. It also fits the "jeep fighter" narrative that's been rumored.

There will be those who want the new Bronco to be like the original 66-77, then the ones who want "OJ's" version, and of course some want a 2 door Explorer.

If it is just a 2 door, the market is limited. As soon as they added a 4 door Wrangler, sales took off. Yes hobbyists looooove 2 doors but they just like o look at them not buy.

If it is just a 2 door, the market is limited. As soon as they added a 4 door Wrangler, sales took off. Yes hobbyists looooove 2 doors but they just like o look at them not buy.

Rumor has it that will be both..which is surprising...or maybe Ford is doing a 2 door Troller type vehicle that they can call a Bronco Sport or some crap and it will share parts with a 4 door model Bronco.

2019MY would be optimistic.

2020MY or even 2021MY is more likely.

Think about last builds at MAP, I think that's in the first half of the year (May?)

So there's about six months to reconfigure the plant for new vehicles.

That would make arrival either late 2018 CY or early 2019 CY.

Development was well under way in early 2015, so my guess is that it was started

late in 2014, so add around four years or so plus Nth American input on "Bronco"

and I think the time line is about right...

2017-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Hybrid-2.jpg

CarAdvice has obtained exclusive spy photographs of Ford Australia testing a hybrid version of its Ford Ranger utility, destined for the US market.

Our previous exclusive spy photographs of the Ford Ranger Raptor (pictured below) show an off-road skewed version of the Ranger. What we didn’t realise at the time was that the vehicle pictured also had a port for plug-in hybrid connectivity.

2016-ford-ranger-raptor-fx4-spy-1.jpg

Full story at Caradvice.com.au..........

• Like 1

A hybrid Ranger would be a game changer in the market too...wonder if we'll see a Hybrid F-150 around the same time.

My biggest gripe with the current Ranger is that the styling looks a bit too feminized vs what the F-series looks like...I wonder if that will change

My opinion for what it's worth. The "Bronco" should play off and complement the Ford Raptor. What do I mean by that? Well Ford has the real chance here to introduce and develop a serious on/off road brand.

Now the Raptor leans to the "pre-runner" crowd so aim the new Bronco at the trail rider, rock climber folks. There are tons of those types in Florida and they mostly use the nimble Jeeps.

The last product I'd put in this new "division" would be an all wheel drive Westphalia style Transit. This could attract the off road bike and atv crowd.

There is so much low hanging fruit here it's not funny. Ford has positioned themselves perfectly by doing such a great job with the Raptor. They have won their place in the hearts of the off road active lifestyle crowd. Keep it going Ford!

• Like 1