Replacing 2011 Edge Engine and Transmission

doldonics

Hey guys, you really helped me out when I thought I had a head gasket failure. It was the water pump as was suggested here.

I am going to get a replacement engine and trans. Any advice would be helpful. It looks like the engine and trans drops down with the subframe.

- Up to what year can I get to replace the engine? I have been told that it is the same until 2015.

- Up to what year can I get to replace the transmission? I have also been told that it is the same until 2015, but I have also been told that it will have to be recoded from the dealer.

- I am thinking LKQ....

The Edge really is in nice shape, it would be a shame to scrap it. Two buddies of mine volunteered to help, so as long as I get good beer and chow it looks like this could be a fun swap.... :)

Thanks, George

p.s. if macbwt is reading this, I heard you are the expert on this...... !

Hey guys, you really helped me out when I thought I had a head gasket failure. It was the water pump as was suggested here.

I am going to get a replacement engine and trans. Any advice would be helpful. It looks like the engine and trans drops down with the subframe.

- Up to what year can I get to replace the engine? I have been told that it is the same until 2015.

- Up to what year can I get to replace the transmission? I have also been told that it is the same until 2015, but I have also been told that it will have to be recoded from the dealer.

- I am thinking LKQ....

The Edge really is in nice shape, it would be a shame to scrap it. Two buddies of mine volunteered to help, so as long as I get good beer and chow it looks like this could be a fun swap.... :)

Thanks, George

p.s. if macbwt is reading this, I heard you are the expert on this...... !

Funny.... I've done a few engine swaps on the "all the beer you can drink" plan. Not always a good plan. When I was in sprint car racing I banned beer and moonshine in the garage.

The engine is the 6 cylinder, i think 3.5.

Actually with these guys it is a good beer when the work is done. When we went to Germany together we toured all of the German car factories, and then the beer houses afterwards. I was always the designated driver.... :)