2017 Continental

The sales manager at my dealership is saying late October. He expects to have a car sooner for dealership training purposes but it will not be for sale. He mentioned a parts shortage for something in the technology package and that the first cars delivered would likely be pretty basic models.

The sales manager at my dealership is saying late October. He expects to have a car sooner for dealership training purposes but it will not be for sale. He mentioned a parts shortage for something in the technology package and that the first cars delivered would likely be pretty basic models.

I haven't heard about a parts shortage, but coming from that plant it wouldn't surprise me. They tend to take just in time a little too seriously and cut it a little too close.

Well, I got it from a dealer source who said it was mentioned at one of the dealer future product things.

He also said They're expecting Continentals in September or October I believe it was.

And since this is a Lincoln thread, I'll also be doing the Date Night with an MKX this Friday, so look out for a write up.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 2

Well, I got it from a dealer source who said it was mentioned at one of the dealer future product things.

He also said They're expecting Continentals in September or October I believe it was.

And since this is a Lincoln thread, I'll also be doing the Date Night with an MKX this Friday, so look out for a write up.

Take note of how quiet it is and if it has the Revel audio, set the DSP to onstage and crank up a cd.

Take note of how quiet it is and if it has the Revel audio, set the DSP to onstage and crank up a cd.

Yeah, we'll see how well equipped the particular vehicle is. I'm looking forward to it, although Lincoln has apparently cut the Date Night program in half from 48 hours to 24 hours since they first launched the program.

Yeah, we'll see how well equipped the particular vehicle is. I'm looking forward to it, although Lincoln has apparently cut the Date Night program in half from 48 hours to 24 hours since they first launched the program.

So call a booty call night or my favorite: "Hit it and Quit it" night

Like most Lincoln launches, the new products trickle in at a very slow pace so even if you have ordered a car, it may take months to build after production has started. It took MKX about 10 months to get back to normal (ontop of the 6-month production hiatus). I think people who hope to buy the Continental this year are going to run into very low inventory and unpredictable order fulfillment.

Edited by BORG

Well with gas prices low, this shouldn't be a terrible blow. It just shows they should have found a way to get the 9 speed in there. 9 SPEED STAT! I am going to guess the 9 speed will be in the for 2018. I am scared to see the weight.Very MKS like numbers.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/2017-lincoln-continental-fuel-economy-numbers-discovered-considered/

They really should have paid an outside supplier for a transmission with more gears, even if it was only for a year or 2. Perception is reality for most people. It could have helped make this car more distinctive, and perhaps achieved a better mpg.

They really should have paid an outside supplier for a transmission with more gears, even if it was only for a year or 2. Perception is reality for most people. It could have helped make this car more distinctive, and perhaps achieved a better mpg.

Absolutely! I don't understand the thinking behind this. I am trying to think of a competitor that still has a 6 speed in this segment. I am sure it will probably drive fine but when looking at the measurables it will suffer. FE and acceleration especially.

More confirmation that this was really created for China.

How so? You don't think this was a "stick the 6 speed in for one year and the 9 speed will be ready the next model year" situation. I can think of the MKX coming out with old MFT system vs the new sync 3, as an example of this thinking.

How so? You don't think this was a "stick the 6 speed in for one year and the 9 speed will be ready the next model year" situation. I can think of the MKX coming out with old MFT system vs the new sync 3, as an example of this thinking.

You mean other than Lincoln saying it since the initial showing of it, then all of the press explaining how they're going above and beyond to cater to the Chinese market.....

Side note, is China getting the 3.0? Because I thought the biggest engine they were getting was the 2.7. I know they're getting the 2.0EB and we aren't.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo