British made 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback heading to dealers this fall

Biker16

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2017-honda-civic-hatchback-gets-single-engine-option-u-s/

A few days after an enthusiast forum dropped images of the new Civic Hatchback, Honda is releasing official details about the model. The 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback arrives in U.S. dealerships this fall, and it will receive a single engine option unlike its sedan and coupe siblings.

Buyers choose between five trims LX, Sport, EX, EX-L, and Sport Touring. All Honda Civic hatchbacks sold in the U.S. will pack a 1.5-liter turbocharged engine. On most models, the engine is tuned to make 174 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque, matching the standard Civic. Sport and Sport Touring grades, which feature a high-flow center-mounted exhaust, deliver 180 hp.

• Like 1

I actually really like the new Civics, they've done away with the wedge shape and gone with a very premium look to their body design and proportions.

They are also one of the few brands without a giant grille of some varying shape or another, which is another design that has reached its limit and the Japanese are moving away from.

The Japanese are actually turning into the design trendsetters for the industry, especially since they are targeting younger and more affluent audiences which is where their future is secured.

Ford tends to be the design leader in Detroit, although I would say that hasn't been the case recently with GM taking over that roll.

Edited by BORG

I actually really like the new Civics, they've done away with the wedge shape and gone with a very premium look to their body design and proportions.

They are also one of the few brands without a giant grille of some varying shape or another, which is another design that has reached its limit and the Japanese are moving away from.

The Japanese are actually turning into the design trendsetters for the industry, especially since they are targeting younger and more affluent audiences which is where their future is secured.

Ford tends to be the design leader in Detroit, although I would say that hasn't been the case recently with GM taking over that roll.

Ford interiors still beat most GM brands interiors and it's not close IMO

I'll never understand how all the mainline Japanese manufacturers got hit with the ugly stick at the same time.

Honda seems to have suffered the most.

I'm still convinced the Japanese makers have a competition to see which can make the ugliest vehicle and still have people buy it.

Borg, which vehicles do you think are better design wise than Ford counterparts?

• Like 1

Yeah, the ass-end of the hatch is pretty busy, but I find the sedan to be quite handsome. Honda's cars are looking better and better, but I just can't warm up to the new utility language.

My wife, my mom, and my mother-in-law all love the new Pilot though, so I guess they're hitting their demo.

I do think the new Civics got a hint of humpback Crossturd...er Crosstour in them.

I was also thinking there is a resemblance to the Crosstour, but that is what I like the most about this Civic Hatchback design. :)

It definitely looks aggressive to me.

Edited by Hybrider

Yeah, the ass-end of the hatch is pretty busy, but I find the sedan to be quite handsome. Honda's cars are looking better and better, but I just can't warm up to the new utility language.

My wife, my mom, and my mother-in-law all love the new Pilot though, so I guess they're hitting their demo.

My mother-in-law got a new pilot a few months ago. She felt the explorer was manly. Most pilots I see are driven by baby boomer ladies with grey hair.