Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ford GT at Road America

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stray Kat

Stray Kat

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Joined 28-July 03

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:39 PM

Anyone have an idea what Westy was referring to when he commented that the Ford GT he was driving "lost power" and this the race in the waning laps at Road America?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   bifs66

bifs66

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 16-February 04

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:06 AM

I haven't read any further info on what caused the GT's lost power; but I hope they find the reason before the IMSA race at VIR in a couple of weeks.  We're going to that race; and I really want to see the Ford GT win in person. 

1966 Mustang Fastback Restomod
1985 Mustang GT (Preserved)
1997 F-150 4x4
2011 Edge SEL

#3 OFFLINE   Stray Kat

Stray Kat

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Joined 28-July 03

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:48 PM

As much as these car rely on electronics is there a possibility that there could be some kind of interference problem? I read just this week that a bunch of FCA vehicles were stolen by being hacked. I know that sounds crazy but this is a crazy world we live in.

#4 OFFLINE   Stray Kat

Stray Kat

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Joined 28-July 03

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:49 PM

As much as these car rely on electronics is there a possibility that there could be some kind of interference problem? I read just this week that a bunch of FCA vehicles were stolen by being hacked. I know that sounds crazy but this is a crazy world we live in.

#5 OFFLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2015 Focus

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:54 PM

No. The GTs don't have infotainment systems, which is how the FCA cars keep getting hacked.

What? What happened?

#6 OFFLINE   Stray Kat

Stray Kat

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Joined 28-July 03

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:52 PM

No. The GTs don't have infotainment systems, which is how the FCA cars keep getting hacked.

Whenever I see telemetry occurring in real time and monitored by the teams I feel like that leaves an opening for something unsavory. Not saying it's a conspiracy but those GT's have had weird occurrences in these races that never seem to show up in testing as I understand it. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

#7 OFFLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2015 Focus

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:56 PM

Whenever I see telemetry occurring in real time and monitored by the teams I feel like that leaves an opening for something unsavory. Not saying it's a conspiracy but those GT's have had weird occurrences in these races that never seem to show up in testing as I understand it. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

The telemetry data is (mostly) standalone equipment, and what isn't doesn't have the same receptive features that the FCA software has. The FCA software got hacked by using the OTA update access.

What? What happened?

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·