Thanks UAW

Uaw_for_what

I'm not pro company, I'm anti jackass...that means you and those of your kind.

It's really going to suck when we have the majority, a lot of us will remember your exact attitude when the time comes.

Who, exactly, are "we" and "us"? Aren't you a UNION MEMBER like all of "us"? That door you like to talk about swings both ways. Why did you enter the door knowing the situation and then turn against UNION brothers and sisters once you are inside? You are more than welcome to exit the door to work for a non-union shop. Might be hard to accept but we can't protect one from Company abuses without protecting all! Say 5-10 years from now, will you have the same attitude towards the new hires? How low do want our standard of living/work life to go if Ford Motor Co. operates outside the lines of a collectively bargained contract? Just saying...

Who, exactly, are "we" and "us"? Aren't you a UNION MEMBER like all of "us"? That door you like to talk about swings both ways. Why did you enter the door knowing the situation and then turn against UNION brothers and sisters once you are inside? You are more than welcome to exit the door to work for a non-union shop. Might be hard to accept but we can't protect one from Company abuses without protecting all! Say 5-10 years from now, will you have the same attitude towards the new hires? How low do want our standard of living/work life to go if Ford Motor Co. operates outside the lines of a collectively bargained contract? Just saying...

I don't like that there is we and us but that doesn't negate the fact that there is.

I see it daily, and I hear daily about how low seniority needs to suck it up. "When I started I only made 12 bucks an hour", "be lucky you have a job, if we didn't take concessions...".

There is no union, on paper sure but there is no us vs them. It's low vs. high vs. company.

And you obviously have a hard time comprehending English or read far enough to have your feelings hurt and scrambled to go off half cocked.

I've stated multiple times in several threads that workers at Ford are way better off with the UAW than without, I unlike a lot of people inside a Ford plant have seen both sides to that coin.

I'm not quitting, I have zero complaints aside from the entitled self-righteousness from "those that put their time in and hard it rough for so long".

I was very sympathetic about the long time with no raises and I very clearly stated several times I thought traditional/legacy employees got the short end of the stick.

My sympathy however is nilnow, not that it matters, because of the constant crap I hear and the way higher seniority treats some of the newer people. I know not all act like this but it's a sizeable percentage.

I see a lot of older workers manipulating younger/newer workers into doing them favors and the newer people thinking and even sometimes being told about favorable treatment. No way to treat a union brother/sister now is it? A few bad apples will spoil a bunch and that's exactly what will happen over the course of time.

A lot of "in progression" will tire of the rhetoric and the divide. When they are the controling majority your needs/treatment won't even be a blip on the radar. I think it's wrong, you spend your whole life working your body into the dirt you should expect to be taken care of but that doesn't mean a lot of others see it that way.

And I'm sorry to say but some jobs seniority shouldn't mean anything, job quality should come first. I look at some on the CAL line and it makes me sad that some trucks roll out of DTP half inspected to make sure it's a solid product because some lazy ass with enough time to hold the job doesn't care anymore. That's just one example.

When I was in the paint shop I'd see these trucks come down the line to my area and I'd see terrible paint jobs that are done manually and was told "oh that's so and so, you can tell because every other truck looks like that, he's been here 20 years so he can't be bumped."

Then you'd see a newer person doing flawless work and they wound up being sent elsewhere and leaving the worst people doing the job putting out crap product.

But hey it's ok if we build shitty stuff as long as an old timer has it easy.

• Like 1