Thanks UAW

Uaw_for_what

Do the miserable people you are forced to work with sometimes get on your nerves?

Edited by Fatso, 15 August 2016 - 10:27 PM.

only you!

im ashamed u are even ford skilled, maybe u should go see how toyota skilled trades work ?

YEAH-----KID-----I know how its goes. 12 hours 7 days in a row is a long week.May Toyota-Force be with you!

Edited by Fatso

So what's the schedule then, Thursday to Thursday?

Friday to Friday and thats 2 pay checks.You get fri.sat.sun.= 1 then mon.tue.wed.thu.=2 If a company paid holiday falls within your schedule and the company says work{which is usually the case with trades} you work.It gets real hard when a major family holiday like Christmas or Easter falls on the weekend because according to my schedule its just another sat. or sun.You can easily see the cost savings on O.T. for the company.Running the plants at max capacity means that much of the repair and preventative maintenance work needs to be done when production is not working.Things are not going to change and my question is real simple,Do the elected UAW officials stick to the exact same schedule?Case closed!

I don't either, that's why I'm asking. I'm taking the IRCP classes right now, I should probably read up on some of this.

I'm almost done. I did mine online and I just need to finish one course then take the exam at HFCC.

I'm sure it'll be quite a while before I get a chance though. Only have 3 years in but all good things come in time I suppose.

Good luck!

The classes were fairly easy IMO, I'm sure the exam will be tough though.

Any classification you're after?

I don't know what MAP needs, but it wil probably depend on what's available. I would prefer electrician.

Not that it really matters. I literally have the lowest seniority in the plant so it will be about 30 years (at least) before my name comes up

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

• 3 weeks later...

I find it's more of us hourly employees that create the hostile work enviorment than management.

You sound like a new company suckass

Just sayin.

I'm treated by most supervisors with respect and I've only been talked down to twice, I pushed back immediately both backed off.

Now my team leader is a piece of shit wanna be manager that is so condescending and such an asshole that if I didn't have my two little ones, I'd be willing to throw this job away and whip his ass.

Us real workers(you, myself, and the rest of us doing real work) need to fix the problems before anything will change.

Higher seniority cannot continue to do what I see a lot of them do and that happen. Management doesn't give a shit about us and apparently neither do we.

I know, we all started at the bottom blah blah blah. I have worked with this one old timer a bit, he's got 23 years, he does everything fair with me always. Some higher seniority guys dick the dog and try to make my life harder because "i don't have time in yet".

The problem is the union, which is us, the union isn't the committee people, the assholes at the local, or the useless chairman. It's us.

If more people voted in elections, at contract time, etc. it could be changed.

If more decent people ran that'd help too.

Two guys at work would make excellent union guys, they understand the contracts and take no shit. They look out for everyone.

I asked why neither tried to get in as a committee man because they'd be great at it. Both told me the same thing with different words. "I couldn't walk into management's office and argue for someone that I know is a complete piece of shit that doesn't deserve their job."

Maybe the first step in the right direction would be to enable the union to have less traction to save people that show up to work drunk or high as a kite. The attendance policy is a joke, 9 times before you lose your job? Shit like this keeps us all down, end rant.

Sorry.

You must be second Tier Edited by Uaw_for_what

I find it's more of us hourly employees that create the hostile work enviorment than management.

Just sayin.

I'm treated by most supervisors with respect and I've only been talked down to twice, I pushed back immediately both backed off.

Now my team leader is a piece of shit wanna be manager that is so condescending and such an asshole that if I didn't have my two little ones, I'd be willing to throw this job away and whip his ass.

Us real workers(you, myself, and the rest of us doing real work) need to fix the problems before anything will change.

Higher seniority cannot continue to do what I see a lot of them do and that happen. Management doesn't give a shit about us and apparently neither do we.

I know, we all started at the bottom blah blah blah. I have worked with this one old timer a bit, he's got 23 years, he does everything fair with me always. Some higher seniority guys dick the dog and try to make my life harder because "i don't have time in yet".

The problem is the union, which is us, the union isn't the committee people, the assholes at the local, or the useless chairman. It's us.

Two guys at work would make excellent union guys, they understand the contracts and take no shit. They look out for everyone.

I asked why neither tried to get in as a committee man because they'd be great at it. Both told me the same thing with different words. "I couldn't walk into management's office and argue for someone that I know is a complete piece of shit that doesn't deserve their job."

Maybe the first step in the right direction would be to enable the union to have less traction to save people that show up to work drunk or high as a kite. The attendance policy is a joke, 9 times before you lose your job? Shit like this keeps us all down, end rant.

Sorry.

Are you defending the Company? Edited by Uaw_for_what

Just sayin.

Sorry.

• Like 1

Are you defending the Company?

No I'm not.

But from what I see going on committee people spend more time saving useless ass people than gathering and spreading proper information.

Union or not I have zero sympathy for lazy people, they just happen to be the people in my area always using up most of the union reps time with nonsense.

It's in my opinion that you're ok with union rep time being tied up defending an FMLA case, people with 2 years time and 7 awols you're probably related to or are one of them. It's far too easy to be useless and be kept. Useless people give those of us that work and take pride in our jobs a bad name.

Before I was hired I once saw a small scale few day strike reported on the news. People where dancing and having a good time, that's embarassing and not a good image of UAW members trying to lobby for benefits or pay increases.

Some people are dead weight and do not deserve the pay and benefits we get, that's just my opinion though you are certainly welcome to disagree with it.

• Like 1

I am not one of them or related to any whatsoever. I see The Company doing a good job harrassing individuals for petty things. For you to come on here and defend there actions shows me that what I said is true.I agree with you as far as wasting the Committeemans time with trivial things but when this Company violates the Contract thats what Im talking about. Not FMLA. But I do have a problem with them Violating Seniority with the Excuse of Merit and Ability. So dont get your Panties in a Bunch.

I am not one of them or related to any whatsoever. I see The Company doing a good job harrassing individuals for petty things. For you to come on here and defend there actions shows me that what I said is true.I agree with you as far as wasting the Committeemans time with trivial things but when this Company violates the Contract thats what Im talking about. Not FMLA. But I do have a problem with them Violating Seniority with the Excuse of Merit and Ability. So dont get your Panties in a Bunch.

Can you give a description if what you mean? That's kind of a broad brush to paint with.

For instance when they place a lower tier in a position and a Seniority employee even guestions about the job they are told that they cant have the job due to Merit and Ability and the Individual hasnt even had the chance to do the Job yet. Now answer this question, Do you think the Company is upholding the National or even Local Contracts???

For instance when they place a lower tier in a position and a Seniority employee even guestions about the job they are told that they cant have the job due to Merit and Ability and the Individual hasnt even had the chance to do the Job yet. Now answer this question, Do you think the Company is upholding the National or even Local Contracts???

I would say it depends.

If said low person is a TPT/LTS it's my understanding they are not bumpable from shift to shift or job to job. I may be incorrect on this, feel free to correct me.

Obviously PFT jobs should be off limits for LTS and TPT's.

Now if said job was up for bid, a PFT classified job, and no one bid on it then whoever gets it gets it from my understanding. I've seen some shady shit with job bids.

If you're talking a PFA job then that's different, as far as I am concerned all jobs not classified should be rotated by team members so no one is wearing out just one or two parts of their body daily. I could give a damn about seniority, if everyone gets an easier day once in a while I see no wrong in that.

However higher seniority should have first dibs on a "better job". But then again if that person is a fuck up then it is what it is. Sounds like this person pissed someone off.

This sounds like something that should be taken up with your chairman, if he balks then go over his head.

And if you could, knock off the lower tier shit. High or low seniority works just fine.

Edited by caustic
  • Like 1

Tell your Company to knock off the Lower Tier shit. They are the ones stating this not me. Whats with your attitude??

So it's ok to publicly parrot company BS and have a high and mighty attitude towards newer hires?

And you didn't answer my question, you ever work outside of a union plant?