My test drive of a 400 HP MKZ

I am very surprised that places like Autoblog, LLN and others haven't had a review of the 3.0 Lincoln or Fusion Sport. Why would Ford not want these in the hands of the press? I don't care much about their opinions but I would like to see some 0-60 and quarter mile numbers.

The Fusion already had its Press Circuit back in May where they flew the press out to the West Coast. From what I understand, it wasn't that well attended by the press. The Sport won't see the same press treatment but a few non-press folk are getting their hands on them for reviews from the dealerships. It doesn't look like the '17 MKZ has had any major press event yet, although the last one was a disaster for the MKZ with a very negative reviewer response (often erroneously negative) so my guess is that they want to keep a controlled message out there this time for it's small and focused audience. I think they will want to focus on Continental which is coming up shortly.

Edited by BORG

I am very surprised that places like Autoblog, LLN and others haven't had a review of the 3.0 Lincoln or Fusion Sport. Why would Ford not want these in the hands of the press? I don't care much about their opinions but I would like to see some 0-60 and quarter mile numbers.

I am assuming there is going to be a marketing push and it seems they want to have stocked lots before the reviews are out. That's my guess. I know the 2.7 for fusion and 3.0 have been trickling into dealers over the past few weeks and weren't immediately available at launch. From what I have read, it seems TFL has driven the Fusion Sport but can't say much of anything yet.

For the 3.0t (and to a lesser extent the Fusion sport) I am interested in these stats too. Mainly just to get an idea of how much real word power we are dealing with here. Not that I think many of any Lincoln MKZ will be taking them to the dragstrips or anything.

I think this could be a major reason, now that I think about it. It just doesn't make sense though from a time perspective. When do you think the first true production Continental's will hit the lots? October?

FRAP is on shutdown this week for production, while they still have repairs and CAL running to get any Continentals that need repair finished and out the door. The "official" job 1 hooplah still hasn't been done yet but all indications are that the first Continentals should be hitting dealers by Halloween.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Using an aftermarket chip??

Or dealer tune?

No such thing as an aftermarket chip on Ford vehicles (or most modern vehicles). The reprogramming is done via a hand held tool. It's the same thing Ford offers through their dealers for the Focus and Mustang ecoboost engines but these would be 100% aftermarket. Each calibration is called a "tune" and you can have multiple "tunes" and swap them in and out including the stock tune.