Continental Review Video

It's a handsome car, not my cup of tea however, definitely one for the old people. This brings back the be-spoke conveniences, thoughtful touches, and chromey/blocky design of the traditional Lincoln land yachts. The Continental is sort of the anti-progressive luxury car, it's designed to bring it back to its traditional clientele which is honest and unique in the world of luxury cars today which are specifically designed for younger and trendier customers.

I like the luxury and amenities, not so sure Lincoln design is something I can identify with anymore.

Edited by BORG

It's a handsome car, not my cup of tea however, definitely one for the old people. This brings back the be-spoke conveniences, thoughtful touches, and chromey/blocky design of the traditional Lincoln land yachts. The Continental is sort of the anti-progressive luxury car, it's designed to bring it back to its traditional clientele which is honest and unique in the world of luxury cars today which are specifically designed for younger and trendier customers.

I like the luxury and amenities, not so sure Lincoln design is something I can identify with anymore.

If Lincoln can transfer that sort of attention to detail across the range then I think they

will do well in both Nth America and China, Perhaps that will also give Lincoln drive to

attempt something for the younger buyer...

If Lincoln can transfer that sort of attention to detail across the range then I think they

will do well in both Nth America and China, Perhaps that will also give Lincoln drive to

attempt something for the younger buyer...

Lincoln is certainly evolving and adapting so I imagine we'll be surprised by where it goes eventually. I'm curious to see where they go with the Crossovers, I don't care for the MKZ facelift.

Edited by BORG

I am going to go out on a limb and say that a ford exec, manager or engineer at the assembly plant took one home for a few days and test it out. This happens quite a bit. It looks like their son had a friend that wanted to do a video review. Looking at his posts on youtube, he's a car geek that has at least some (probably minor) connection to the industry.

Anyhow, I think Lincoln will have a hit on their hands with this one. However, I don't know what hit means in terms of full size luxury car sales. I am anxiously awaiting the reviews of the MKZ and Continental. I think both will really push the perception of tarted up Ford's out the window. If Lincoln can bring this type of game to the say, Navigator and Aviator (whenever that goes on sale), along with continuing the bettering of the customer experience/dealerships then the future SHOULD be bright for Lincoln. Maybe Fields saving Lincoln from Mullaly's ax wasn't such a bad idea.

Infotainment screen could have been larger.

The font on the speedometer could have been more engaging and attractive, looks like poverty script.

I appreciate the pneumatic struts in the engine bay.

That was one very dirty trunk interior, nice touch of chrome pull-out lever though.

What I find interesting is that the instrument panel display appears to be the same display in current Fords and Lincolns but without the hardware in the way. Both screens are very small for a modern luxury car in this class, but I'm sure this really comes down to Lincoln's limited resources to develop these parts on their own and have to share them with other products.

The chrome pull-out is also on the Lincoln MKX, as is that spare tire.

What do you mean without the hardware in the way?

Is the sync 3 screen really smaller or is it just a different shape? Most of the competition seems to use a 12" screen but it's not as tall - sort of like an older TV versus a widescreen.

They have missed the mark then as this vehicle does not appeal to me a 60 something Baby Boomer. Course, maybe being 60+ is not really old. Unsure of the price as I did not bother looking at the window sticker on the one at local dealer. Vehicle looks worse in person. But I figure a Taurus or Flex would serve someone from the boomer years better. My personal vehicle is an 09 Flex.

They have missed the mark then as this vehicle does not appeal to me a 60 something Baby Boomer. Course, maybe being 60+ is not really old. Unsure of the price as I did not bother looking at the window sticker on the one at local dealer. Vehicle looks worse in person. But I figure a Taurus or Flex would serve someone from the boomer years better. My personal vehicle is an 09 Flex.

you don't know BORG well...he complains and complains about Lincoln not being like other luxury car makers, but yet still buys them....

Leases them, actually

If you are buying a luxury car, you would be foolish not to lease.

I do believe however that this is my final Lincoln once this lease ends in about a year. I love the car but I don't drive it enough and there is something a little too bland and Buick-like about their design that just doesn't excite me personally, for me Lincoln is the least visually interesting luxury maker in the world. A Ford Edge Sport or Explorer Platinum is more exciting to me, and probably more age-appropriate.

Edited by BORG

age-appropriate.

What the hell does that even mean? If you like the car, it doesn't matter how old you are or the demographic for that car. It's not like you are two and we have to worry about you putting things in your mouth that you shouldn't.

I'm not sure what an age-appropriate vehicle for me would be (I just turned 40 and my wife does this weekend), but we'd love to have an MKX as they are stunning cars.

I've enjoyed my Lincolns for sure, and they are better than ever. But when you only put 5K miles on a car in a year, it doesn't make much sense to keep it up just to have it. I'm glad I got it out of my system when I was younger ;) I will probably get an Edge Sport next, I almost got one last time but it lacked a heated steering wheel and adaptive cruise control which are really the only features I didn't want to give up, and now that stuff is available again on Sport.

Edited by BORG

Neither the MKX nor Continental are "age appropriate" for me, yet I want/would love to have either.

IDK what "age-appropriate" means, anyway. Most sports cars are drive by older men because they're largely the only ones that can afford them. Take Corvette; that's a retiree's aspiration car and probably come with the requisite "Heartbeat Of America" jacket and Corvette cap, It may not have started that way. It might not be marketed that way. But it is what it is.

By "age appropriate," I believe he means Lincoln has traditionally been aimed more at an older buyer that prefers luxury and a soft, smooth ride, whereas a brand like BMW or more recently Cadillac are aimed more at the sporty, firmer ride, and therefore (in theory) a younger customer.