Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Continental • Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2017 Ford/Lincoln Fleet Wide Sync 3 With Navigation; Issue with Traffic not showing on map

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RAM456

RAM456

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 08-June 16
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford Escape

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:45 AM

I just got my 2017 Ford Escape with the Sync 3. Is anyone having a problem with the traffic not showing on the map and the traffic list not loading.?

Sometimes it does show up but as I'm driving it just disappears. I previously had a 2014 Escape with SyncV1 and it worked perfectly.

I called Sirius and they said I'm subscribed and it should be working.

My software is

SYNC3 - version 2 -
HB5T-14G381-AJ

thanks

Edited by RAM456, 31 December 2016 - 06:58 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   RAM456

RAM456

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 08-June 16

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:12 PM

Its been at the Ford dealer since the 6th of July. They have done a master reset and it still doesn't show the traffic on the maps. It still reboots when it wants and the dealer got it to do that. They are working with Ford engineering as they had them check the pins from the hardware to the antenna and it all check out perfect. The dealer called Sirrus and worked with them to see if it was on there end to no avail. I asked them if they can go back to version one of the Sync 3 software as it may be the version 2 software causing this problem. They are waiting to hear back. I guess I'm the only one with a new 17 Escape and Sync 3 having this problem.

#3 OFFLINE   twintornados

twintornados

Ford fan for a long, long time.

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Joined 16-February 10
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Lincoln MKX Elite

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:54 PM

63237366.jpg

• Stephen White likes this
Does anyone know where the love of god goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours....Gordon Lightfoot, "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

#4 OFFLINE   Thomaswarren3

Thomaswarren3

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 14-August 16
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:56 AM

I just got my 2017 Ford Escape with the Sync 3. Is anyone having a problem with the traffic not showing on the map and the traffic list not loading.?

Sometimes it does show up but as I'm driving it just disappears. I previously had a 2014 Escape with SyncV1 and it worked perfectly.

I called Sirius and they said I'm subscribed and it should be working.

My software is

SYNC3 - version 2 -

HB5T-14G381-AJ

thanks

I've encountered this same issue on my brand new (300 miles) 2017 escape.  It worked well for the first couple days and then no longer worked displaying traffic info or conditions. Fuel pricing weather etc works fine but just no traffic info.  My wife's 2016 Escape works just fine.  Do we think there is a bug in the software?  Master reset didn't change anything either.

#5 OFFLINE   RAM456

RAM456

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 08-June 16

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:38 PM

Thanks for the reply. Its going on two months now; Ford has replaced the APIM and the APC and the problem still exists. Whats puzzling is I went to Noth Carolina and it worked the whole time I was down there; soon as I crossed into VA it quite working. The last word I got from my dealer is they are going to have a conference call with Ford engineering this Thursday to see what the next step it I'm with you I think its a software bug as my friend has a 2016 Escape and the traffic works..

#6 OFFLINE   Beth01dfw

Beth01dfw

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 16-August 16
  • Region:Decline

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:03 PM

Same problem here. Just got my Escape last week and the dealership has no ideas.

#7 OFFLINE   RAM456

RAM456

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 08-June 16

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:42 AM

So the Ford has closed the hotline ticket with no resolution at this time. They are aware of the Sync 3 traffic issue and are working on a resolution. This is a fleet wide problem according to my dealers sales person and only time will tell how long it will takes them to fix it.

#8 OFFLINE   PajamaGuy

PajamaGuy

I love my Escape!

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 204 posts
  • Joined 16-July 10
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Escape Titanium

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:12 AM

Just a "ditto" - '17 Titanium has no traffic data.

2017 Titanium w/ everything.
I used to be a rocket scientist...

#9 OFFLINE   nordst

nordst

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 03-November 16
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Fusion Energi

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:44 PM

Same problem with my 2017 Fusion Energi.   Traffic list does not show.  Other apps like fuel, movies, weather, etc ... do show.   My dealer did the reset and had a call into Ford.   No resolution.   It does seem to be fleet wide as my service consultant did have the chance to try showing the traffic list on 3 other new vehicles on the lot with SYNC 3 (cars not sold yet) and the same problem shows up.   I've had the problem since I purchased the the in late July.   The dealer had an open call but I haven't heard from them in a while and it's probably time to follow up with them.  

#10 OFFLINE   kpalmer1970

kpalmer1970

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 29-November 16
  • Current Vehicle:2017 fusion 2017 f-150

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:50 PM

Problem seems to be all sync 3 equipped vehicles. I've tried fusion and f-250 with same result. A 2016 f-250 shows traffic icons in dfw area. Have escalated to ford engineering but not hopeful. It's definitely not a Sirius issue as weather info is real time. Researching for a customer

#11 OFFLINE   Enigma-2

Enigma-2

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 26-May 16
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:16 PM

Note that traffic is separate from your Sirus radio and weather subscriptions. Try contacting Sirus and have them send a reset signal. (Your will need your radio ID and be in the car when the signal is sent.)

Edited by Enigma-2, 05 December 2016 - 07:16 PM.

#12 OFFLINE   kpalmer1970

kpalmer1970

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 29-November 16
  • Current Vehicle:2017 fusion 2017 f-150

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:23 PM

Traffic and weather both come from satellite subscription along with horoscope and sports etc. if you have weather you should have traffic. Ford has a tsb out on all sync 3 equipped 2017 vehicles that traffic will not update. I tested 2017 vehicles including escape f250 fusion and fusion enegy. None of the stock vehicles including my demo and my ford reps demo worked. In contrast my last remaining 2016 f250 with the old sync shows traffic fine.

#13 OFFLINE   BORG

BORG

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,149 posts
  • Joined 19-September 99
  • Current Vehicle:None

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:32 PM

The thing I always found amazing about using MFT/MLT/Sync 3 is that there can be major bugs that effect every user yet it feels like you're the first person to discover and report it and Ford has no way of addressing these complaints.  It takes years to fix bugs in these systems and there is a completely inadequate reporting process unless the owners are really determined to get them fixed.  In most cases, I don't think most owners know what is suppose to work and what doesn't so it really comes down to a few users like us who actually make a stink. 

Edited by BORG, 06 December 2016 - 01:36 PM.

• Sgt1411 likes this

#14 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 25,495 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Ti (Ruby Red)

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:47 PM

The thing I find amazing is how much you exaggerate.  MFT has been very stable since early 2013.  I can't remember a single problem the last 3 years.   They're bundling the sync 3 bug fixes with the new carplay/android auto capability (which requires a new usb hub) and there are issues with some of the appslink apps.   There are bug fixes available for sync 3 for specific problems that can be applied by the dealer.   And I'm quite certain that Ford knows about bugs far before you do. 

2013 Fusion Titanium (Ruby Red)
2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve (Luxe/Cappucino)

#15 OFFLINE   BORG

BORG

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,149 posts
  • Joined 19-September 99

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:59 PM

The thing I find amazing is how much you exaggerate.  MFT has been very stable since early 2013.  I can't remember a single problem the last 3 years.   They're bundling the sync 3 bug fixes with the new carplay/android auto capability (which requires a new usb hub) and there are issues with some of the appslink apps.   There are bug fixes available for sync 3 for specific problems that can be applied by the dealer.   And I'm quite certain that Ford knows about bugs far before you do. 

My point is that even if Ford knows, they are not helping consumers or dealers address it.

Edited by BORG, 06 December 2016 - 01:59 PM.

#16 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 25,495 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:08 PM

My point is that even if Ford knows, they are not helping consumers or dealers address it.

Some MFT issues were left unresolved because they were working on sync 3, but those were not serious or widespread issues.

As for sync3 - DEALERS HAVE UPDATES THAT THEY CAN INSTALL FOR SPECIFIC CUSTOMER PROBLEMS.

#17 OFFLINE   BORG

BORG

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,149 posts
  • Joined 19-September 99

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:08 PM

You are under the convenient impression that I'm talking about the current state of MFT/MLT and not the 6 year process of "fixing" it.  Although I would say the system was never fixable since the non-responsive touchscreen remains the biggest barrier to reliable and safe operation.  

Edited by BORG, 06 December 2016 - 07:09 PM.

#18 OFFLINE   RAM456

RAM456

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 08-June 16

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:17 PM

kpalmer1970 can you provide the tsb number; as my dealer looked into oasis and Ford has not advised him of one for my 2017 Ford Escape. BORG I totally agree with you the Ford does not keep you inform or for that matter their Dealers who get dumped on by their customers for a fix. Its been 6 month since I reported this problem to Ford. They advised the dealer to replace the APIM, the APC master reset, check with Sirrus to see if I was in a covered traffic area; Really; I live in the Washington DC metropolis area and let me tell you we have traffic. I had a 2014 Escape with the Microsoft version of Sync and it all worked as advertised... They have gone silent with the Fact that IT does work on all 2016 Sync 3 with software version One. Which is when Ford switched from Microsoft to the Blackberry QNX software. They are ignoring the fact this is a fleet wide problem with SYNC 3 version 2 software as that added Apple play and Android play which introduce this bug that traffic does not show. But it looks great on there web site saying that they now have it in SYNC3 with the Blackberry QNX partnership!! I've asked to go back to version One of the software and my dealer informed me no; as it was controlled by Ford as to what version of software that is being installed. akirby I disagree with your solutions that they have a fix; as to date they don't except to say engineering is aware of the problem!

#19 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 25,495 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:57 AM

I don't know of they have a fix for this specific problem but they absolutely have a fix for at least two common problems available now as a few MKX owners have had the updates installed already.

#20 OFFLINE   F150Dude

F150Dude

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 30-December 16
  • Current Vehicle:2017 F150

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:20 PM

Just took my brand new 2017 F-150 into the dealer for this same issue (traffic info not working for Sync 3) on 12/29/16.  Was told that Ford is aware of the problem and is working a fix.

So just in of itself, that is not OK. 

What makes it even worse is that it is apparently KNOWN by Ford and has been for quite some time.  But yet when you call the dealers (I tried several), they act like they don't KNOW anything about it and say just to bring it in.

1. I should have been told that it doesn't currently work before I purchased the vehicle and paid extra for the navigation w/ traffic feature.

2. I should have been told on the phone when I called multiple dealers to not waste my time bringing it in, as it is a KNOWN problem with no current solution.  Do you know have big of a pain it is to drop your car off, arrange for a ride home, arrange for another ride to go pick it up, only to be told when you pick it up that there is nothing they can do as it is a KNOWN problem being worked by Ford?

Save us all some headache Ford and make the problem KNOWN to the general public.  Intentional deceitfulness is the kind of thing that makes people mad enough that they don't come back.

• Boston_Pilot and dadz34 like this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·