Speed Limit Assistance

luxpow

A display that shows my current speed in green if under the posted speed limit for the road or in red if over.

Maybe the LEDs that light the speedometer can be used for this purpose. Swap them for dual color LEDs, some glue logic and you are done.

The car already knows my current speed and the posted speed limit from the maps database, so all bits and pieces exist already.

My Edge displays the current speed limit in the dash - the lane keeping camera picks it up. More reliable than a database.

That's from the gps not the camera. I have several roads that changed from 55 or 50 to 45 and it still shows the original speed.

That link seems to list a bunch of lies IMHO. I have never seen those features mentioned even for the 2017 Escape which I believe is the platform with latest features.

Maybe they are including Lincoln features also which I dont know a thing about.

In the old days, we used to be aware of our surroundings. We would check our own blindspots and speedometer.

And we should continue to do so until the DMV drivers handbook states it as optional.

But given the current state of technology and the price of Ford cars with all options, there is no reason why the car shouldnt be able to do most of that stuff.

The only issue I have seen with the Camera Speed limit info is that it picks up signs that may not be realted. Example A Trucks 60MPH where the speedlimit is 70 or 75 for single passenger vehicles it will update to the 60mph, it will do the same thing in school zones even if that limit isn't in effect as its outside the time window.

The only issue I have seen with the Camera Speed limit info is that it picks up signs that may not be realted. Example A Trucks 60MPH where the speedlimit is 70 or 75 for single passenger vehicles it will update to the 60mph, it will do the same thing in school zones even if that limit isn't in effect as its outside the time window.

Interesting. So some ford cars do have the road sign reading feature. If you dont mind can you tell us which car and which country ?

Interesting. So some ford cars do have the road sign reading feature. If you dont mind can you tell us which car and which country ?

BMW X5 in the US. I think Ford only has it enabled on Euro models, then they even go as far as automatically adjusting the adaptive cruise control to the speed limit the system picks up. Ford for whatever reason is really hesitant of offering these types of features here, you can't even get them on a Lincoln.

I haven't seen a lot on hacking Ford modules to enable features the way you can with Euro models.