2016 F150 LIMITED 4x4: VERY DISAPPOINTED

when a vehicle is checked in from the transport company the actual miles aren't put in, our inventory clerk just defeats to 5 or 6 miles, its up to the delivery sales person to VERIFY the odometer, my guess is he/ she did not....heck, I don't half the time. As for 61 miles, that's nothing....fact is its a truck that's been delivered in Honolulu, so its been driven onto a train, off a train. onto a transport truck, off the transport truck to wherever in the Port ( Long Beach? ) into a container, out of a container at its exit port, driven to a storage facility at that port, onto ANOTHER transport truck and off the truck at the dealer.....that all adds up to quite ab it of time idling and driving from one point to another...and NO vehicle arrives with 0 miles on the odometer...most have between 5 to 25 miles on them apart from random QC tested vehicles which quite regularly have close to a hundred....oh, and I forgot the 15 minutes or so at idle that takes place when the vehicle is PDI'ed and then TEST DRIVEN by the tech........oh and BORG...you couldn't be more wrong.....

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

Unless the customer saw it with 15 miles on the odo I think it's just as likely that it came in with 61 miles and they just made a mistake on the paperwork. It wouldn't be hard to do given the number of vehicles that get sold every day.

The vehicle was also dirty. So what happened there? Did the dealership forget to clean the truck in addition to entering a phony number on the odo disclosure?

Hawaii operates completely differently than the mainland....they have a captive audience, not too many dealers to shop against each other ( if any ) and theres a very lackadaisical attitude because of that fact....we ship quite a few vehicles there for clients because of the very reasons outlined....

The vehicle was also dirty. So what happened there? Did the dealership forget to clean the truck in addition to entering a phony number on the odo disclosure?

What's more likely - vehicle comes in dirty with 61 miles on it and they forget to clean it? Or they clean it to get it ready for sale and some dealership employee takes it for a 46 mile joyride then forgets to clean it? The simplest answer is usually the right one.

when a vehicle is checked in from the transport company the actual miles aren't put in, our inventory clerk just defeats to 5 or 6 miles, its up to the delivery sales person to VERIFY the odometer, my guess is he/ she did not....heck, I don't half the time. As for 61 miles, that's nothing....fact is its a truck that's been delivered in Honolulu, so its been driven onto a train, off a train. onto a transport truck, off the transport truck to wherever in the Port ( Long Beach? ) into a container, out of a container at its exit port, driven to a storage facility at that port, onto ANOTHER transport truck and off the truck at the dealer.....that all adds up to quite ab it of time idling and driving from one point to another...and NO vehicle arrives with 0 miles on the odometer...most have between 5 to 25 miles on them apart from random QC tested vehicles which quite regularly have close to a hundred....oh, and I forgot the 15 minutes or so at idle that takes place when the vehicle is PDI'ed and then TEST DRIVEN by the tech........oh and BORG...you couldn't be more wrong.....

I couldn't agree more Dean!

I have never heard of dealership employees taking a sold vehicle for a 46 mile joyride and returning it dirty.

I have heard of dealership employees doing just about everything imaginable. One sales rep locally could be found napping in the same car every day until it sold, then he'd pick another. After smoking was banned, an ex-smoker car was the de facto smokers' hut at another lot. One or more lot jockeys spending an hour tooling around in a sold car doesn't seem like the remotest stretch to me. Especially if they thought it was going to be a demo.

Edited by RichardJensen

OP did an update on his post. All is good. Check first post.

Not to be one to just complain and not discuss the solutions: I went to the dealership and discussed my concerns about the mileage and condition of the truck. They confirmed that the truck had been QC'd and driven 50 miles as part of the QC process. They could not produce the sticker, but I took them at their word. They also apologized for the condition of the truck, not being cleaned properly, but noted that there was a water main break nearby which shut down their water for a few hours (happens ALL of the time in Hawaii). We have scheduled a proper detailing and they have gone out of their way to make things right and apologized for not communicating very well. All has been settled.

Unless the customer saw it with 15 miles on the odo I think it's just as likely that it came in with 61 miles and they just made a mistake on the paperwork. It wouldn't be hard to do given the number of vehicles that get sold every day.

:dance:

When we bought our focus it had 232 miles on it because they had to drive it up from Ohio. The paperwork all states it had 232 miles on it at time of delivery. Either his dealer messed up the paperwork at time of delivery, or wrote it out at the time of order assuming it would only have 15 miles on it.

That was the case on the mileage forms for both my LS and F-150; they were both bought new, and both were driven in from other lots. Both had under 100mi on the clock, and both times the salesman and I actually approximated the mileage instead of going back out to read the odometer (we were within a few miles, which was close enough for me).