RUST KROWN

Butchy

Do the whole Truck ...they do more than just the body / frame

Mine is a '10 ( Not Aluminum ) ..not a spec of rust looks like it just came off the line and I live in Ontario , lots of salt !!

My 2013 Raptor has a lot of surface rust on the rear axle and a few places on the frame. I live in the Chicagoland area so we get plenty of salt here. I will be rustproofing my next Raptor to try to mitigate that issue, regardless of the aluminum body.

• 6 months later...

I'm planning on using AMSOIL HDMP underneath my truck as soon as I can after driving it off the lot. I don't really live in a rust prone area but would like to keep it as new as I can for as long as I can. There are numerous reports of the success of this product all over the internet.

One of the main reasons I'm looking at rustproofing, which I've never done before, is because Raptors are a pain in the azz to wash. They do not fit in most automatic washes, particularly with wider aftermarket wheels, so the winters in Illinois have proven to be challenging on keeping the salt off.

Edited by tbone

One of the main reasons I'm looking at rustproofing, which I've never done before, is because Raptors are a pain in the azz to wash. They do not fit in most automatic washes, particularly with wider aftermarket wheels, so the winters in Illinois have proven to be challenging on keeping the salt off.

Not sure if it's frowned on or not to link to other forums but this is what sold me on the Amsoil HDMP - http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f36/clear-undercoat-1622/