2017 Ford Edge Production Information

robertlane

Order priority is 100% controlled by your dealer. If they follow the rules then retail (sold) orders should be 10-19 and dealer stock should be 20+.

I have no idea how order priority works, but you can see in the pic that my 2016 F150 order went in on Jan. 19 with Priority:20.

I took delivery in Vegas on March 4. I like Priority 20. :)

post-55979-0-62956600-1477954145_thumb.jpg

I ordered a 2017 on 10/20/17. Titaniam Burgundy Velvet.

From what I'm reading, it seems like I won't see my vehicle till Spring. I sure hope it's not going to take that long....

Lenny

Don't give up hope just yet. Your first goal is to get your assigned VIN from the dealer.

Then you can feed that into Ford Etis here.

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=2B0CA8396C9A25C0F034A014D93A5A6E.eccvas512

If it is in the system you will get a build date.

Keep trying, it is occasionally down.

Sigh...

Well, the 2017 Ford Edge Build and Price is up today. Hallelujah!

Now the bad news. Went to build my Titanium and got this. Time to call Ford, again.

Edit: OK, called Ford, they repeated the 301A features onto the 302A. But right now, if you choose the 302A you have to take the V-6 engine. Try it.

2nd Edit- Geez!!! OK, the V-6 gets put in if you choose AWD with the 302A, the 2.0 comes with FWD only. That is a change from the 2016. For the better?

3rd Edit- Ford CS just told me that the 302A causing an engine change is a Build site bug, CS paperwork says 302A AWD comes with the ECO, unless you choose the V-6 upgrade.

post-55979-0-43367000-1478025751_thumb.jpg

post-55979-0-69903900-1478025759_thumb.jpg

Edited by All Hat No Cattle

Order priority is 100% controlled by your dealer. If they follow the rules then retail (sold) orders should be 10-19 and dealer stock should be 20+. Orders are built starting with lowest priority. The order priority is on the DORA (dealer order receipt acknowledgement - ask the dealer for a copy).

If you have a priority of 10 then yours will be built first when the dealer gets allocation. If there are multiple priority 10 orders they go by order date.

Unless of course your vehicles are built with a Priority 1 heheheh :whistling:

I was trying so hard not to ask "I already am priority 10, but can anything else be done?" :angry2:

I assume many more factors go into production planning than order date and if you know someone? I.e. part availability, scheduling certain models first that all share a same option, etc, etc?

FYI, Ford Canada (Ford.ca) still only has the '16 Edge listed on their site.

I was trying so hard not to ask "I already am priority 10, but can anything else be done?" :angry2:

I assume many more factors go into production planning than order date and if you know someone? I.e. part availability, scheduling certain models first that all share a same option, etc, etc?

FYI, Ford Canada (Ford.ca) still only has the '16 Edge listed on their site.

Unless you know some people within Ford, a priority 10 is the best you can do and frankly it is a great priority to have.

The dealer needs allocation.. if they have allocation, then it will be built in order of priority just like Akirby said and then in order of order date. If the dealer does not have allocation, it will be delayed until there is some. Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe allocation is given each month, not each week even though builds are scheduled week by week.

What is your order priority? No reason it couldn't be built in November/December and delivered in January/February.

That's a really good question, I'll have to call tomorrow.

What has me a little concerned is that there's a good chance that the Oakville plant will be going on strike. I read the union has a tentative agreement but the talk over on https://www.facebook.com/groups/318248465019492/?ref=ts&fref=ts seems to think it won't get ratified.

That's a really good question, I'll have to call tomorrow.

What has me a little concerned is that there's a good chance that the Oakville plant will be going on strike. I read the union has a tentative agreement but the talk over on https://www.facebook.com/groups/318248465019492/?ref=ts&fref=ts seems to think it won't get ratified.

If the deal gets voted down, they won't strike immediately. It will go back to renegotiate and if it fails again then a strike is likely.

I spoke with my dealer this week - looks like I'll be waiting until January for my 2017 Edge (ordered it early September). Apparently Ford put a hold on orders due to the possible labour disruption...not sure if that makes any sense. Regardless, I am resetting my expectations for the new year now.