2017 Ford Edge Production Information

robertlane

I agree with the lightning blue for the Edge. And I would like to choose any color exterior/interior combination. Ford needs to consider public opinions. Limiting your interior color choices needs to be eliminated. Also, I really think the Sport model needs additional interior color choices.

you have to remember, too many interior colors makes manufacturing difficult. There's only so much room on the line for parts no matter what plant it's built at, plus too many combinations leads to too many repairs because of wrong parts.

I saw the Blue Jeans in-person... looks pretty nice. However unfortunately I also saw the Sapphire Blue on the MKZ that was REALLY nice. The MKZ also had a red (wine velvet?) that was really nice too. The paint looked higher quality too. Maybe it was in my head, but makes sense for the higher models I guess.

Back to the thread, I understand there are only "minor improvements" being made to the 2017 Edge. I dont have specifics yet, but it seemed like the colours were the biggest change.

If having a cognac or ceramic interior would make for inventory issues at the factory, then perhaps having it available as a special order would be an alternative. Then again, I dont work in an assembly plant so I respect what you are saying. I am however a 2 time Edge, 2 time Explorer and 1 time Focus owner. Ford should listen to their customers.

I have a TGTBB Edge Ti with the Ceramic. I get a lot of comments on the color.

I finally saw a Allure Blue (same color) MKX on Saturday. First one I've seen in the wild (Edge or MKX). We would have bought one if we had found one with the equipment we wanted in stock somewhere.

• 1 month later...

Color choices are listed in the 2017 Edge Order Guide (which is available somewhere on BON).

I recent;ly bought a 2016 Edge. The wife would have held out for a 2017 in order to get Burgundy Velvet if the trade-in would have lasted that long (transmission acting "funny"). We saw a 2017 Fusion in Burgundy Velvet in the dealers lot and it looked very good !

My (Ford) dealer just emailed me. He said the "order bank application is open on our computer ordering program".

I'll provide more details when available, but let me know if any other CAN or US dealers are also seeing the 2017 Edge available to order now.

My (Ford) dealer just emailed me. He said the "order bank application is open on our computer ordering program".

I'll provide more details when available, but let me know if any other CAN or US dealers are also seeing the 2017 Edge available to order now.

Since this was written 5 days ago, I am beginning to suspect that "Order Banks Open- August 15, 2016" means absolutely nothing.

Is anyone aware of dealers that have orders accepted for the 2017 for their dealer stock?

Oh, well.

The 2017 is available to order now. I had 2 dealers in Ontario, Canada confirm this and I just met with one in person. He had a binder with pricing that he showed me briefly. I do have a pic of the work sheet we filled in, but it doesn't proved much (you could put anything on this generic sheet) and I want to respect some confidentiality of the dealer and myself.

A few things I can confirm:

1. Pricing of the 2017 Titanium has gone up $100 cdn (I didn't inquire about other trims)

2. The price of the new/improved Cold Weather Package is now $300 (I believe it was $215 in 2016)

3. Delivery timing is 10-12 weeks right now (if I ordered a 2016 a month ago is was ~8wks)

Unimpressive is that the financing options currently available on the 2016 (that you can still see on ford.ca) are not the same on the 2017. The only rate they offered me at any term was ~4.7% (I don't remember the exact number because I was so annoyed). This wasn't a "special rate for you today" either, the dealer rep showed me his financing chart. I'll be researching other financing, dealers and potentially even other new/used vehicles now :nonono:

• 3 weeks later...

Question (sorry if this is dumb) - I can't tell if the 2016 Edge with the adaptive cruise will bring the car to a full stop or if it is just to slow down at highway speeds. Can anyone tell me if the 2017 adds full stop start if the 2016 doesn't have it?

• 2 weeks later...