Factory Order Status - Sent Offsite?

Yesterday I checked the cotus website and saw my order status reverted back to order received when it was originally scheduled to be delivered to my dealer this weekend (details in my signature). After I saw that I immediately reached out to my dealer and asked for some updates here on the forums as well. It was found that my cars status changed to "sent offsite" and the delivery eta changed to n/a. My dealer received and email from a Ford rep which really says nothing "Our Ford rep e-mailed me back late last night. He said there is no information on any "stop-ship" (indicating a problem). He speculated that "sent-offsite" could be for a quality inspection or that it was sent offsite to await shipment." He is going to follow up with them later this afternoon to see what happened. Hopefully the good people who work at Ford that check this forum out can assist me and update me through this process. Thanks to everyone in advance.

He's right, there's no stop ship going on for the Mustang right now. I would have heard about it at the plant. That kind of stuff is usually big news.

They probably sent it to a third party distribution center, there's one not super far from FRAP. The retaining lot at the plant is a little full right now and they can only load trains so fast.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? That could help answer a few questions.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

He's right, there's no stop ship going on for the Mustang right now. I would have heard about it at the plant. That kind of stuff is usually big news.

They probably sent it to a third party distribution center, there's one not super far from FRAP. The retaining lot at the plant is a little full right now and they can only load trains so fast.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? That could help answer a few questions.

Outside of Chicago; from the window sticker it should be arriving via truck.

Outside of Chicago; from the window sticker it should be arriving via truck.

There's a distribution center in New Boston, MI that's near the Flat Rock plant. They ship predominantly via truck there. They do have the ability to ship via rail, but it's mostly trucks. That COULD be where it was sent.

There's a distribution center in New Boston, MI that's near the Flat Rock plant. They ship predominantly via truck there. They do have the ability to ship via rail, but it's mostly trucks. That COULD be where it was sent.

I hope you are right; the status was "awaiting shipment" with an ETA of 5/7 up until the 5/2 then it went offsite.

Congratulations! Mustang looks awesome. If you don't mind my asking, how long did it take for your car to show up on cotusb? I've tried ever since my order was placed over a month ago, and it can never find it. I have the VIN and now the window sticker, but www.cotusb.ford.com (and without the "b") always says "a matching vehicle could not be found."

Congratulations! Mustang looks awesome. If you don't mind my asking, how long did it take for your car to show up on cotusb? I've tried ever since my order was placed over a month ago, and it can never find it. I have the VIN and now the window sticker, but www.cotusb.ford.com (and without the "b") always says "a matching vehicle could not be found."

i dont recall but this site worked the best....use link in below post

Edited by RawisTheGameHhH

"A matching vehicle could not be determined. Please contact your dealer to get status updated about your order." This is the same message I've gotten on all of the other sites. I think the simple fact is that their ordering system doesn't work. I've tried other VINs from other Ford customers (including both delivered vehicles and ones still on order) and the response is always the same.

"A matching vehicle could not be determined. Please contact your dealer to get status updated about your order." This is the same message I've gotten on all of the other sites. I think the simple fact is that their ordering system doesn't work. I've tried other VINs from other Ford customers (including both delivered vehicles and ones still on order) and the response is always the same.

my mistake this site

http://wwwqa.cotusa.ford.com/

Thanks, but I tried that one yesterday and got the same "no match" message. So far, I've tried www.cotusb.ford.com, www.cotus.ford.com, http://wwwqa.cotusa.ford.com, and www.cotusa.ford.com, always with the same outcome. Any others? :-)

I also tried the ETIS site but although it gives the correct factory name and engine type, it shows the vehicle as a Transit Connect from 2002! I've been told to ignore the vehicle name, but 2002? Hmm...

What do you mean by "it took a little bit before I could see actually it?" Do you mean the site took a few seconds to display the info, or it took days or weeks to show up?

Yeah, I did send a tweet to FordService yesterday and am awaiting their reply. I'm not really *that* much in a hurry, still trying to sell my current vehicle and it's taking a long time. But I like tracking stuff, that's just how I am. :blush. Would love to see some pics when your Mustang comes in. Sure it'll be awesome! I imagine you'll be able to wind it out much more than I could here in the DC 'burbs, LOL.

Yeah, I did send a tweet to FordService yesterday and am awaiting their reply. I'm not really *that* much in a hurry, still trying to sell my current vehicle and it's taking a long time. But I like tracking stuff, that's just how I am. :blush. Would love to see some pics when your Mustang comes in. Sure it'll be awesome! I imagine you'll be able to wind it out much more than I could here in the DC 'burbs, LOL.

Steven White, what dealer did you order your car from?