2.0 + DCT or 1.0 + 6f15 auto

David77

So, after 97,000km and 4 DCT rebuilds I'm ready to trade in this lovely vehicle. What is everyone's thoughts on the ecoboost with the 6f15 auto? I'm more concerned with reliability than 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. I absolutely love the focus hatch and don't want to get rid of it but I can't take the DCT garbage anymore.

So, after 97,000km and 4 DCT rebuilds I'm ready to trade in this lovely vehicle. What is everyone's thoughts on the ecoboost with the 6f15 auto? I'm more concerned with reliability than 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. I absolutely love the focus hatch and don't want to get rid of it but I can't take the DCT garbage anymore.

I hang out at a Focus forum and hear good things about it. Not a barn-burner by any stretch of the imagination, but if you are looking to get away from the DCT, it's about your only choice other than a manual.

That's what I've been hearing as well. All the European auto publications love that little engine. I'm just worried I could be trading 1 problem for another but I don't think that would be the case. I'd love to get a manual but for various reasons it's auto only for me :(

That's what I've been hearing as well. All the European auto publications love that little engine. I'm just worried I could be trading 1 problem for another but I don't think that would be the case. I'd love to get a manual but for various reasons it's auto only for me :(

I test drove the 1.0 (albeit with the manual as the 6f auto wasn't available for that engine stateside yet) and I was impressed with it. We wound up going with the 2.0/5 speed manual because it's what my wife had her heart set on despite my not really liking the gearing of that transmission. Like Anthony said, it's not a barn burner but it's definitely going to surprise you for being such a small engine.

There's a tread with my immediate impressions somewhere in the Focus section on this board about it.