IMSA Long Beach

coupe3w

Well the 2 Ford GT's didn't do as well as I thought they would at Long Beach. The #67 car finished 4th in class 1 lap down to the class winner and 3 laps down overall. And the #66 was pledged with a drivers door that wouldn't stay shut (never had that problem before) took 2 laps to get it fixed. They finished 8th in class 3 laps down to the class winner and 5 laps down over all. The Porsche 911 RSR was the class winner.

The cars just don't have the power to out run the Corvettes, Ferrari's, or Porsche. Not feeling that good about a podium finish at Le Mans now as I was before. Hope they can find some more speed somewhere.

Well the 2 Ford GT's didn't do as well as I thought they would at Long Beach. The #67 car finished 4th in class 1 lap down to the class winner and 3 laps down overall. And the #66 was pledged with a drivers door that wouldn't stay shut (never had that problem before) took 2 laps to get it fixed. They finished 8th in class 3 laps down to the class winner and 5 laps down over all. The Porsche 911 RSR was the class winner.

The cars just don't have the power to out run the Corvettes, Ferrari's, or Porsche. Not feeling that good about a podium finish at Le Mans now as I was before. Hope they can find some more speed somewhere.

Also were they not last in starting positions??

Check the WEC results from Silverstone England today. When I left the Fords were doing very well.

I think you're watching a little bit of a cat and mouse game. No one is showing their full hand till they get to LeMans.

If a particular car shows too much pace early they will slow 'em down.

• Like 1

Check the WEC results from Silverstone England today. When I left the Fords were doing very well.

I think you're watching a little bit of a cat and mouse game. No one is showing their full hand till they get to LeMans.

If a particular car shows too much pace early they will slow 'em down.

In IMSA they haven't slowed the Corvettes down any so far this year that I know of.

I think Chip Ganassi has spread himself to thin. He has teams in NASCAR, INDY Car, IMSA, WEC, and GRC. Not enough resources (engineers) to be racing in all the series. Just my thoughts.

“You always race to win,” Executive Chairman Bill Ford Jr. told The Detroit News

Edited by coupe3w

I think Chip Ganassi has spread himself to thin. He has teams in NASCAR, INDY Car, IMSA, WEC, and GRC. Not enough resources (engineers) to be racing in all the series. Just my thoughts.

“You always race to win,” Executive Chairman Bill Ford Jr. told The Detroit News

A valid point-but I have to believe Ganassi who is a very successful business man -( I think). recognizes that you don't get an outfit like Ford everyday who approaches you with an opportunity like this.

The Ford GT's finished 4th and 5th in class yesterday in Silverstone England. Not a podium yet of course but they are finishing races and doing so on a regular basis now.

I think there is one or two more races on both sides of the Atlantic for the GT's before LeMans. Then there will be a full armada (4) racing for the big prize.

As far as Ganassi being spread thin I would argue that this whole project has been in the works for a long time. Remember the engine and probably other bits have been tested in the DP ranks for several years now. The engines are not the problem. The DP cars have been retired and now the full effort is on the Ford GT program.

This could be a perfectly calculated lead in (except for the disaster at Daytona) to doing well at their goal of LeMans. Or I could be wrong and it could be mayhem behind the scenes. When I saw some shots from the pits though at the WEC race Raj Nair and Dave Pericak were all smiles during the race. Didn't look like they were stressing at all. Fingers crossed.