Retirement Dates

cecilmeyer

I work here at CAP.The people that took the retirement deal consisting of the $70,000 are being told they have to be gone by May 1st.Is this the date set for all plants or is this just at CAP.Any info on this would be great.

It's true for both MAP and FRAP. Probably true for all plants.

R old timers at sterling were told they could leave at the earliest may 1st the latest December 1st & any 1st's of months in between they can also go. I heard 92 signed up to leave here

I guess they are not telling them they have to gone by May 1st or as soon as they have 30?

I

My understanding is, If you signed up, and you are production, you have to go by May 1. If you are skilled trades, they still don't know if they have a buy-out, or when they are going.

If you have 30 years by May 1st correct ?.My question is say you will not have 30 years by May 1st and you will have 30 years by Aug but you want to stay till Dec.Do you have to leave as soon as you get your 30?

I

If you have 30 years by May 1st correct ?.My question is say you will not have 30 years by May 1st and you will have 30 years by Aug but you want to stay till Dec.Do you have to leave as soon as you get your 30?

Where I'm at you have to go when you are retirement eligible. So if you are eligible you have to go May 1, But if are are anytime after that up till Dec 1, then you go in the month you are eligible. Can't stay any longer.

• 3 weeks later...

Still no info on skilled trades buy-outs.............. Where I'm at, they don't have a list of who's "in" the 200 and they don't know when they (LRO, or Union) will get it......... Anyone else in the dark? Hey DECKER you thinkin' about a buyout?............. If I get it I'm gone.....................

Lastman I`m staying for a few more years. Its a little more than 2 years before I hit the big 62.4 years old.

If I could put just one reason for my staying it is...... "independence"..........

I work when I want, make choices on which group will pay the overtime, have a choice of which operational tasks I want to do, when to head to Sarasota (6 times last year), being able to have a very happy Mom doing what all the blue hairs do in Sarasota, buying and shopping for just about anything, soiling two grown kindala and really soiling a certain little one from Demotte.

Don`t get me wrong, I like taking three premium days off and getting all the text messages asking why I`m not there and the would ya could ya`s. I believe I`ve reached the true point of understanding by putting in all these fantastic (sarcasm) years here in paradise. I`ve reached the independence that working should give anyone that puts their time in and spends a life of making decisions for whats best for my family.

So nope, I`m looking forward to my 200 hours of paid time off, 40 hours of book time, 3 day holiday weekends and riding the old scooter when the feeling hits me.

Lastman, if the shit fits... wear it..... only you can make the decision to stay or go. All my best wishes and prayers go out to you and with hopes you`ll find and/or keep that independence that makes this old long hair so happy. Good Luck

Here they still have our trades sisters and brothers in that limbo stage of information. Both union and management are still giving the deer in the headlights look.

(............<---- see what you started :whistling: )

Edited by Decker
  • Like 2

Lastman I`m staying for a few more years. Its a little more than 2 years before I hit the big 62.4 years old.

If I could put just one reason for my staying it is...... "independence"..........

I work when I want, make choices on which group will pay the overtime, have a choice of which operational tasks I want to do, when to head to Sarasota (6 times last year), being able to have a very happy Mom doing what all the blue hairs do in Sarasota, buying and shopping for just about anything, soiling two grown kindala and really soiling a certain little one from Demotte.

Don`t get me wrong, I like taking three premium days off and getting all the text messages asking why I`m not there and the would ya could ya`s. I believe I`ve reached the true point of understanding by putting in all these fantastic (sarcasm) years here in paradise. I`ve reached the independence that working should give anyone that puts their time in and spends a life of making decisions for whats best for my family.

So nope, I`m looking forward to my 200 hours of paid time off, 40 hours of book time, 3 day holiday weekends and riding the old scooter when the feeling hits me.

Lastman, if the shit fits... wear it..... only you can make the decision to stay or go. All my best wishes and prayers go out to you and with hopes you`ll find and/or keep that independence that makes this old long hair so happy. Good Luck

Here they still have our trades sisters and brothers in that limbo stage of information. Both union and management are still giving the deer in the headlights look.

(............<---- see what you started :whistling: )

For me, it's time to go. Past 62 a few years back and with 43+ I feel it's time......... Been all over the place at Ford and it's time for my time.......... Gonna hang with the kids and grandkids, and do.......... whatever. But here, as everywhere else it seems, there is no info............ Be good ............. I'll try....... Hope to be gone soon.............

• Like 1

guy I work with was notified he got it. skilled trades, need a 77 or earlier seniority date. 39yrs in to get the buyout. I was hopeing to get it next contract when I reach 30. guess i'll just save a bit more.

Told on Friday that I got buy-out............ May will be my last month of work........ I was told 37.5 years to get it. I don't no if they meant in my trade or in all trades, but I finally got the info I was looking for. The plus here is that by working May I get that $1500 check............. Not that it would break-the-back if I didn't get it, but I will surely take it.............

guy I work with was notified he got it. skilled trades, need a 77 or earlier seniority date. 39yrs in to get the buyout. I was hopeing to get it next contract when I reach 30. guess i'll just save a bit more.

Maybe in your plant, but down here in lima, there was 3 in my plant that have 91/92 sen and they got the buyout, FYI(trades)

and they went by ford svc date, not by trades time

Told on Friday that I got buy-out............ May will be my last month of work........ I was told 37.5 years to get it. I don't no if they meant in my trade or in all trades, but I finally got the info I was looking for. The plus here is that by working May I get that $1500 check............. Not that it would break-the-back if I didn't get it, but I will surely take it.............

Great news!!!! now become a bigger part of the grand kids lives. Lastman, if your in Chicago, let me know dinner is on me. Good Luck

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

Great news!!!! now become a bigger part of the grand kids lives. Lastman, if your in Chicago, let me know dinner is on me. Good Luck

Don't tempt me............ We go to Chicago for long weekend just to get away for awhile.............. Now the long weekends will be a little looooonger.............

• Like 1