Pumping gas takes ages!

Hello everyone! Clearly, I'm new here. Iv been a long time Ford fan, always had ford trucks, but this is my 1st Superduty.

2006 F250 King Ranch 5.4L Crewcab. 4" Lift, 35" tires.

Iv already done some research on my fuel issue but I'm looking for those who have had their own experience with it.

When trying to pump gas in it kicks back and shuts the pump off. I have to manually regulate the pump to put fuel in. Typically taking a solid 15mins to get $20 worth of fuel ($2.09 a gal right now). So as I'm sure you all know, this is not only annoying as Hell, but down right embarrassing.

What would be the first thing to try or replace? I work at a GM garage (hey it pays the bills, and chevys are always broke so work is steady!) And I'm used to the EVAP valve sticking and causing it hard to put fuel in a GM. Is there a similar set up on fords??

Sounds like the tank can't vent. Several things can cause this. A restriction in the charcoal canister, a bad vent valve but should set evap codes. Actually sometimes spider webs inside the evap lines can cause this also. Check for a kinked evap hose also. Evap issues can be difficult to find. Running marble in evap lines from end to end will remove spider webs. You may have to disconnect parts of the evap system until it will fill correctly that will help isolate the restriction

Edited by fordtech1