2016 Mustang Order

cdnexplr

I feel your frustration. They told me 6 to 8 weeks. I if it doesn't come in by the 8th week I'm pulling my contract.

You're free to do whatever you want. Just know this, that 6-8 week timeline they told you is an estimate. Anything can happen between when your order is placed and delivery. Everything from unscheduled plant breakdowns to shipping delays.

• Like 1

You're free to do whatever you want. Just know this, that 6-8 week timeline they told you is an estimate. Anything can happen between when your order is placed and delivery. Everything from unscheduled plant breakdowns to shipping delays.

to the car going offsite for no apparent reason and no idea when it is coming back

When the dealer told me "4 to 6 weeks," I turned to my wife and said, "I wonder if he'd take bets on that?" I knew that there was no way it could be as little as 4 weeks. My guess at the time was 8 weeks, and it looks right now that 9 weeks is a better guess. And mine doesn't have any of the stuff required to be done off-site.

My desision wouldn't effect the employees at FLAP and it will not be my intention. It will just give me a chance to renegotiate on my contract. I looked over a 1500 mile radius for this combination. I still look from time to time with no luck.

My desision wouldn't effect the employees at FLAP and it will not be my intention. It will just give me a chance to renegotiate on my contract. I looked over a 1500 mile radius for this combination. I still look from time to time with no luck.

It likely won't help you out with your 'contract' with the dealer. If anything, it will just make matters worse. The fact that you can't find one in a 1500 mile radius only helps their cause, not yours. Think about it. Car comes in right after you've 'pulled your contract.' You want that car. There isn't another one in 1500 miles. The dealer has one EXACTLY like you want. Who do you think will win in that situation.

Keep in mind, the dealer can't do much about how long it takes to get your car (assuming they have it in at the proper priority). Ford won't make any changes to the price the dealer pays, so if you try to negotiate, you are only hurting the dealer. Just be patient, and enjoy your car when it comes in.

• Like 1

One of the biggest problems is shipping from the Flat Rock plant. A few years ago I had a customer's GT sit at the plant for nearly two months with no explanation as to why. The car was finally shipped and made it all the way to the final rail destination in Rhode Island only to be recalled and shipped back to the plant. I found out later that there was a question about whether a certain run of cars had the proper coolant installed and Ford had all of the suspected cars in transit returned to the plant for inspection and new coolant installed. Unfortunately, Ford doesn't tell its dealers anything and there's any one of a multitude of reasons why a vehicle might be held at the plant or even be sent off site. On a more positive note, the wait will be worth it!

One of the biggest problems is shipping from the Flat Rock plant. A few years ago I had a customer's GT sit at the plant for nearly two months with no explanation as to why. The car was finally shipped and made it all the way to the final rail destination in Rhode Island only to be recalled and shipped back to the plant. I found out later that there was a question about whether a certain run of cars had the proper coolant installed and Ford had all of the suspected cars in transit returned to the plant for inspection and new coolant installed. Unfortunately, Ford doesn't tell its dealers anything and there's any one of a multitude of reasons why a vehicle might be held at the plant or even be sent off site. On a more positive note, the wait will be worth it!

thanks for the update; i just dont want a 2016 as the 2017s are rolling off the line

Wouldn't it be most cost effective to have the dealer check the coolant than to transport the vehicle back to FRAP. Pay them to replace it necessary .

It likely won't help you out with your 'contract' with the dealer. If anything, it will just make matters worse. The fact that you can't find one in a 1500 mile radius only helps their cause, not yours. Think about it. Car comes in right after you've 'pulled your contract.' You want that car. There isn't another one in 1500 miles. The dealer has one EXACTLY like you want. Who do you think will win in that situation.

Keep in mind, the dealer can't do much about how long it takes to get your car (assuming they have it in at the proper priority). Ford won't make any changes to the price the dealer pays, so if you try to negotiate, you are only hurting the dealer. Just be patient, and enjoy your car when it comes in.

I'm much happier know knowing that the car I ordered will be built next week. I just hope that it doesn't take a month to ship to it destination.

Ford doesn't want to issue recalls unless absolutely necessary to avoid questions and/or the related publicity. In addition, Ford reimbursement to dealers is almost always less than what it costs dealers for the necessary work performed. For example, our body shop has been repairing and repainting the aluminum hoods on Explorers like crazy which is an $800 job that Ford pays only $300.

Edited by ice-capades

Your order is for a 2016, and the car has already been build. You have nothing to worry about there.

Today was the first time that I was able to see the window sticker and the date at the top has May 13th but the date at the bottom has May 6th. I ran my VIN number on the Friday 6th around noon time and it was not available. I'm thinking the bottom date is the release schedule date and the top is the build date.