2016 Mustang Order

cdnexplr

Just a quick question for you guys. I ordered a 2016 GT Premium with the performance pack on February 20th. I contacted the dealership today and they said it's showing unscheduled clean. Should it take this long to get a vin and be scheduled for build?

Sure - it means your dealer has not had enough allocation to get to your vehicle and/or there are other orders ahead of yours that are getting scheduled first. Find out your priority - 10 is the best, 19 is supposed to be the highest allowable priority for a sold (retail) order. 20+ is for dealer stock and vehicles are scheduled according to the dealer allocation for that period starting with the lowest priority first.

In addition to the good information provided by "akirby" I'd suggest talking to your Dealer to find out what their allocation situation is, etc. There may be commodity issues and information about production limitations for units produced for Canada that I don't have have access to. Final 2016MY Mustang allocation has been issued to Dealers with final scheduling to be completed by 04/14/2016 for U.S dealers.

Wow, 3 months, hope mine doesn't take that long.

It shouldn't take that long to get built since the 2016s are entering buildout phase. Shipping could take longer though. FRAP is notorious for shipping delays, and has been for a number of years from what people have told me. Once it leaves the plant it shouldn't take any longer than normal.

• Like 1

Silly question, if the destination where the mustang is going requires front licence plate, do holes get drilled in the front bumper at the factory or is it done at the dealership when it arrives?

Front license plate brackets are installed at the dealer.

I live in Michigan, which doesn't require a front plate. I buy my vehicles from a dealer in Ohio, which require a front plate. They are so close to the border that they don't put them on the vehicles when they go on the lot, they wait until they see where the person lives that buys them.

If you're from Ohio, they automatically install them. If you're from Michigan, they ask you if you want them installed, and if you don't they leave it in the car for you in case you want it later.

I ordered a GT convertible on Feb.2nd. It was supposedly built march 8th but I got to tell you I didnt think the wait would be this brutal. I currently have a 2002 GT vert as well. The brakes failed on me last week, bit scary but thank God no incident came of it. so I guess it knows it's losing its garage spot lol.

I ordered a GT convertible on Feb.2nd. It was supposedly built march 8th but I got to tell you I didnt think the wait would be this brutal. I currently have a 2002 GT vert as well. The brakes failed on me last week, bit scary but thank God no incident came of it. so I guess it knows it's losing its garage spot lol.

Well dealership called today and said the expected delivery date is May 6th. Car is being built this Monday April 4th,so one month to ship to Vancouver, BC? Do they just give long lead times as a just in case scenario? Seems like a long time for shipping.

Well dealership called today and said the expected delivery date is May 6th. Car is being built this Monday April 4th,so one month to ship to Vancouver, BC? Do they just give long lead times as a just in case scenario? Seems like a long time for shipping.

They're probably well aware of the fact that for whatever reason, FRAP is notorious for shipping delays. That, and shipping nearly all the way across the continent via rail isn't always the fastest method.

• 3 weeks later...

i was told an ETA of 5/5 for mine but then again Detroit to Chicago is a 5 hour drive assuming it comes by truck

Silly question, if the destination where the mustang is going requires front licence plate, do holes get drilled in the front bumper at the factory or is it done at the dealership when it arrives?

LIcense plate holes are usually drilled at the time of sale. Not beforehand. But if the car was a demo or something else, they are usually drilled.

CT requires two plates on all registered vehicles but our dealership has a policy of never installing the front license plate bracket on a Mustang unless the customer requests it. We lost a Shelby GT500 sale a number of years ago because a technician had installed the front plate bracket. FYI... The laws in CT were changed years ago regarding dealer logos on vehicles and require dealers to repair the vehicles if a customer doesn't want a logo or other identification on the vehicle that causes damage. Many of the Mustang GT buyers garage their vehicles during the Winter and by far the majority do not want to spoil the front end appearance with the plate bracket installed. I drive a 2015 Mustang GT Premium Fastback as my company car and do not have a front plate bracket installed. More importantly, the two plate requirement isn't enforced and I've never heard a Mustang customer being cited for not having a front plate. Even so, customer's without a front plate do so at their own risk.