HVC's

imdevo

Fellow HVC workers: Is management trying to raise "expectations" or "goals" at your facilities? Meaning, are they trying to add to your workloads, particularly in stock put-away? At our facility they are want to add numbers to the stock put-away. Would like to know if this is plant specific or nation-wide. Thanks for any input.

In Memphis this has been going on for 2 yrs. now. When you don't hit their quota they put you on notice for "failure to exert" or off the job. We let the international know about this, but it has fallen on deaf ears. I think we have the highest rate of disciplinary thru out the co. This is why about 30% of our people have left or getting ready to leave.

In Memphis this has been going on for 2 yrs. now. When you don't hit their quota they put you on notice for "failure to exert" or off the job. We let the international know about this, but it has fallen on deaf ears. I think we have the highest rate of disciplinary thru out the co. This is why about 30% of our people have left or getting ready to leave.

Do you have an "on sight" HR person for discipline hearings? We are just one small facility in the Midwest and our HR person is located in NY I think. Forced to transfer here 2 years ago and haven't met HR yet. Did your facility get the info on the kiosks (digital timeclocks)? Suppose to start implementing May/June. Has the company started hiring part timers yet?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm trying to get all of us on the same page as far as workloads and HVC's futures are concerned.

No info. On time clocks yet. We have started hiring temps. as far as our on sight HR person, she has 3 facilities and travels to each. She does not do hearings as far as I know. That is usually done by supervisors.Pretty

Pretty much the same here. Seems like the supervisors have free range to handle disciplinary actions - much different than the assembly plant where everything went through HR. Very frustrating! Seems like our division is the "red-headed step child" (no offense to red haired step children). Supervisors playing favorites with job assignments and favorable picking sign-outs, claiming they have the right to assign work. Might be about time to show the company that we are the United Auto Workers Union..

I am with agreement with MTP'er, the IUAW has known about this problem for over 3 yrs. and has done nothing. We heard someone from IUAW is coming to Memphis to talk about the issues here and mgt. has hand picked who can come off the floor to speak to them.

Sad to say I am in agreement as well. The international pretty much sold out the parts division in this contract. We are "red-circled" and considered surplus workers. No more transfers to HVCs. Writing on the wall is the company wants to rid this division of all Legacy - Tier 1 workers. I'll do what I can to fight the good fight.

It is really sad what is happening in the PDCs. These use to be great jobs. Now, we are so micromanaged with too many supervisors. Worst thing is, I pick the same number of lines now as I did when I started back 20 years ago, but now I have 10 times the b.s. I am actually looking forward to transferring to an assembly plant.

At our plant, we never leave early. Hell, we been on mandatory 9 hrs and the 2 Saturdays on/1 off for a couple years. Don't assume all PDCs are alike. And Long Forker, the key word in your reply is 'Detroit'. I seriously doubt the PDCs represented by local 600 are having the problems the other PDCs having. Supervisors are actually clocking the amount of time we spend in the restroom. Doubt you would go back to that in a minute.

I am originally from an assembly plant (20 yrs), so after 2 years I am still trying to get accustomed to a parts facility. From what I understand by the original parts workers, there weren't any numbers that had to picked or put away? Some workers would pick 500 lines and others might pick 300 lines in 8 hours. Now there are set goals to achieve so everyone is supposed to do the same amount of work. With this process some workers find ways to achieve their goals in less than 8 hours, the incentive is to be able to leave a bit early, (similar to working up the line or having a tag-relief job). The company still gets 8 hours of work accomplished. Just seems that with a time-clock the company will get an honest 8 hours of work for 8 hours of pay, regardless of how much work gets done. Again, I am fairly new to this division so I might be way off-base on my line of thinking, but if the company needs a certain amount of work to be completed they should pay us for the amount of work we do, whether it takes 3, 7, 8, or 10 hours to accomplish. We are not tied to an assembly line.

They really treat us bad in HVCs. They have created such a hostile environment. Mr Micheal Lucas is based out of Memphis and Ive heard alot of bad stories from Memphis HVC. They got these young fresh punks running the buildings into the ground for them to be able to transfer to another facility and hide.