Next Focus, Longer/Wider

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Here's an interior shot. The upper portion of the center stack looks terrible. Let's hope it's just a decoy/camo.

post10424_3.jpg

Taking a second look at it, it looks like the Focus will get the same type of dash the new Fiesta has...and that plastic is camo/decoy

gallery-1480452084-ford-fiesta-2017-1600

Wow...looking at the Fiesta dash makes me wonder if they are shared between the Focus and Fiesta now...that would be a way to save some $$$

Edited by silvrsvt

Taking a second look at it, it looks like the Focus will get the same type of dash the new Fiesta has...and that plastic is camo/decoy

gallery-1480452084-ford-fiesta-2017-1600

Wow...looking at the Fiesta dash makes me wonder if they are shared between the Focus and Fiesta now...that would be a way to save some $$$

Looks very similar, but I doubt the Fiesta dash would directly fit. But stylistically, it's obvious that they'll look similar.

Here's an interior shot. The upper portion of the center stack looks terrible. Let's hope it's just a decoy/camo.

post10424_3.jpg

After looking at it more, there's something very fake looking about that upper surround.
I think the standard 6" screen stops at that upper part of the screen (in other words, no cubby hole/surround over top of it). While the 8" screen gets more of the tablet look.
I think it will use this unit from the new Fiesta and Ecosport. Look at the radio controls just below the screen on this Focus mule. Now look at these two Fiesta/EcoSport units....which integrate those knobs and buttons with the larger screen. So I think the larger screen goes right there.
2018-Ford-Fiesta-Euro-spec-dashboard.jpg
2018-Ford-EcoSport-interior-view.jpg
  • Like 1

The Cruze is designed in Korea, anyway.

But back to Focus, I bet we will see the screen as shown, since it's what "millennials" want, they gotta have a screen in front of them at all times!

Better to have the screen and radio up high than down below. Less distance for you eyes to travel meaning less time looking away from the road.

• Like 1