2016 Honda Civic...the one you actually want.

Hugh

http://jalopnik.com/the-2016-honda-civic-is-a-return-to-hondas-you-actually-1761164804

I'll give credit where it's due. Regardless of the sales, I regard the Civic to be the benchmark of the 'C' class. Although the front has the last generation Fusion front. It has all the tech toys which makes future buyers treat cars like the latest smartphone. I could argue that cars in general are getting too big for their size classes after all it's a 'compact' right? It does have an availible "EcoBoost" 1.5 I4. It hits the right points and there's a hatchback coming right?

To compete, Ford's got it's work cut out for them. I'm not saying the Focus is bad because it's not IMO. It has a large competitor and I think Ford should keep up the good fight.

IMO I think Honda is doing plus sizing for its products as of late...well when it comes to cars. The Accord is a "big" car for the CD market (interior space is roughly makes it fall into the full sized car category) and the Civic seems bigger (haven't seen the new one in person yet) that makes it a larger compact car then say the Focus or Cruz. Biggest shortcoming of the Focus is the interior space on it...I've been in a couple and it feels tight/claustrophobic inside vs other cars. I don't mind it but I can see how it can bother other people. The Fit is a big car for the B size group also.

The styling has improved...wouldn't say its good looking, but its far more interesting then what they've been doing as of late.

• Like 1

Down the street, I have a neighbour who has one and yes it's different then the previous generations. I can agree you can't mistake it for anything else but a Civic. The strange thing is I like it better then the previous generations (they simply faded in the background) but I'm not sure how I feel about it. I prefer the Focus and Golf for example for the dare I say it "Conservative" look. The Civic reminds me of a design by committee that kind of worked (if that makes sense).

One thing to say is for once, Honda went back to drawing board partially due to Ford and GM competition. The '12 Civic was aimed at buyers who just want a cheap, reliable, plain-jane car. But Honda loyalists and market said otherwise, and Focus/Cruze/Elantra/ were underestimated.