Transit AWD/4WD in US ?

sosmercford

When will Ford bring AWD or 4WD Transit to the USA? They could be losing market share to Mercedes.

As I understand, the Ford Transit has been available in Europe with a variety of drivetrain configurations that are NOT available here in the States. Come on Ford, I love the Transit, but I need AWD for safer winter driving. :worship:

When will Ford bring AWD or 4WD Transit to the USA? They could be losing market share to Mercedes.

As I understand, the Ford Transit has been available in Europe with a variety of drivetrain configurations that are NOT available here in the States.

EU Transit FWD use a different front sub frame than the EU/US RWD models. I would be surprised if they ever show up in the US

Come on Ford, I love the Transit, but I need AWD for safer winter driving. :worship:

The aftermarket is working on a AWD/4WD transit.

As for winter driving, try 2 - winter (not snow) tires. You will be surprised !

I still want Quad Captain's Chairs like the old Club Wagon Chateau !

• Like 1

There still must be high demand for "commercial" Transits because you don't see many (if any) Transit based RVs.

I've seen a handful. There were also a few at the Chicago Autoshow. I've also seen a few conversion vans. When I drove by the Explorer Conversion Van factory in Indiana they had probably a hundred or more GM vans in their lot, but they also had a not insignificant number of Transits.

EU Transit FWD use a different front sub frame than the EU/US RWD models. I would be surprised if they ever show up in the US

The aftermarket is working on a AWD/4WD transit.

As for winter driving, try 2 - winter (not snow) tires. You will be surprised !

I still want Quad Captain's Chairs like the old Club Wagon Chateau !

Yea, I would like to see more seating options as well. I'd like to see the full size extended length Wagon available with the option to select removeable seats in any number from 15 down to 2...and make them easily removeable so one can easily change the configuration based on your needs at the time. MIght also make sense to offer a cargo van version with seat anchors so that seats could be added as needed or desired. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a quigley e350, 2010 model and plan to upgrade to transit quigley someday. They use f150 hubs, spindles and differential so as to continue with using as many stock ford parts as possible for dealer service. We rented a 15 passenger transit 2 weeks ago for work training. It was great! A local dealer to me is stocking aftermarket rails and seats to add to the cargo version because it is a popular upgrade.

I have a quigley e350, 2010 model and plan to upgrade to transit quigley someday. They use f150 hubs, spindles and differential so as to continue with using as many stock ford parts as possible for dealer service. We rented a 15 passenger transit 2 weeks ago for work training. It was great! A local dealer to me is stocking aftermarket rails and seats to add to the cargo version because it is a popular upgrade.

What are the "aftermarket rails" ? Is that something that enables seats to be added to a "cargo van" ? That would be of real interest to me as I would like to configure an extended length cargo van with seating for 4-5 as well as full windows and dual sliding doors. I am trying to configure a layout for 3 14ft. standup paddleboards inside as well as room for 4 passengers and their gear. Would prefer AWD but if aftermarket 4 X 4 is the only option then so be it. (or maybe look to Mercedes...but really don't want to go there yet).

• 4 weeks later...

It would be amazing to see an 4wd or awd drive option available. Living in a rural community thats see a lot of snow every winter, there has been many occasion where we wished for 4wd on our current E series fleet.

Hope it makes it way to market.