2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport Appearance package

Well, a Platinum has other features (nicer leather, fancier dash, moonroof, etc.) that's really a step above a Limited. Oh, and the $9k higher starting price (even after adding $2k for AWD on the Limited).

Just do a Sport then with 401A, or even a base sport. The Explorer is probably the best Ford car you can order to get exactly what you want between all the models and option packages, though I'm sure it makes it a nightmare for dealers to stock combinations.

I think that would be the F150.

1. I said car :-) 2. Who the f*** can even figure out the f-150 order guide. Its just insane really, confusing, you're never going to find exactly what you want on a dealer lot, it's basically impossible to configure online and when you're done it seems like they are nickle and dimeing you more than Mercedes or BMW. Though the $60 enhanced security package on the MKX takes the cake for that in the Ford world. It's a Lincoln I would hope it would just be standard. Ford really has seemed to fail at simplifying the ordering process. It's gotten so bad and they keep making it worse. Ford could produce F-150's for 20 years and never make two of the same.

They should streamline the order package and options and have very fixed option groups. Or If you want to special custom order you can pay for the vehicle up front to do it and everything is just a-la-cart. Want LED headlights in a metallic white XL, with no options, $995 for the headlights and $695 for the paint and they are yours.

Edited by jasonj80

I guess when you build 650K or more of F150, having a 129 page ordering guide is going to happen

but even then, 4 engines x 2 drive types x 3 cabs x 3 bed lengths x 6 models and we haven't even begun

with colors and other popular options......goodness deanh, how do sales people cope.

On topic,

i like what Ford is doing with this sports appearance pack and allowing

V6 and 2.3 EB buyers to share in that look will be very good for sales.

Edited by jpd80

Just do a Sport then with 401A, or even a base sport. The Explorer is probably the best Ford car you can order to get exactly what you want between all the models and option packages, though I'm sure it makes it a nightmare for dealers to stock combinations.

I, personally, don't care for the looks of the Sport. :)

Sorry - I don't get, nor do I like the dark wheel trend. Other than that it looks great! It is just me - I still despise the DH rule - which is going to be part of the NL in 2017. Ahhh, the good old days...

3.5 naturally aspirated V6 vs the 2.3 Ecoboost

What's your opinion on the engine that will perform better in the Mountain West for everyday loaded up ski trips and towing a small camper?

Sorry - I don't get, nor do I like the dark wheel trend. Other than that it looks great! It is just me - I still despise the DH rule - which is going to be part of the NL in 2017. Ahhh, the good old days...

I'm not a big fan of dark wheels either, or the DH. Where did you see it's going to be in the NL in '17? Last I heard, it is NOT in the plans for the near future. I hope it is NOT coming...the Cardinals signed Mike Leake, one of the better hitting pitchers in the league!

3.5 naturally aspirated V6 vs the 2.3 Ecoboost

What's your opinion on the engine that will perform better in the Mountain West for everyday loaded up ski trips and towing a small camper?

Personally, I would think the 2.3 EB would be better in the mountains due to the forced induction and the fact that you don't lose HP as you climb in altitude. I'm not sure what the tow rating on the I4 is though, but if you are towing something like a popup, I think you would be just fine.

I'm not a big fan of dark wheels either, or the DH. Where did you see it's going to be in the NL in '17? Last I heard, it is NOT in the plans for the near future. I hope it is NOT coming...the Cardinals signed Mike Leake, one of the better hitting pitchers in the league!

Its all over baseball news - a result of inter-league play, pitchers salaries/the notion they are too valuable to risk injury, and the players union seeing the opportunity for fat old dudes who can still swing from the heels but not have to play defense while earning big bucks.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25457455/manfred-nl-could-get-dh-as-soon-as-2017

Ahh - the good old days...

Edited by Kev-Mo

Its all over baseball news - a result of inter-league play, pitchers salaries/the notion they are too valuable to risk injury, and the players union seeing the opportunity for fat old dudes who can still swing from the heels but not have to play defense while earning big bucks.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25457455/manfred-nl-could-get-dh-as-soon-as-2017

Ahh - the good old days...

Adam Wainwright, one who could definitely lobby for the DH after his torn Achilles in '15, has come out as opposed to it. It takes so much away from the game.

I hate the DH and I hope it does NOT happen any time soon.

• Like 1

The only dark wheels I like are the ones that look like the black of the tire flows into the divides of a spoked wheel design. I don't seem to mind charcoal wheels as much. All black just makes a car look like the cheap plastic hubcaps are missing from a cheap black steel wheel.

Edited by StangBang