2016 F-350 DRW 4.30 MPG

rfarmer

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Question about the oil of the 6.7 I've had a couple of oil changes and thought it would keep that fresh oil look for at least a few miles like in my car no towing or hard driving and the oil seems to be black even after the change. Thinking of adding a bypass filter to the system to help eliminate some ware on the engine. Anyone know if that will create warranty issues.Thanks

Question about the oil of the 6.7 I've had a couple of oil changes and thought it would keep that fresh oil look for at least a few miles like in my car no towing or hard driving and the oil seems to be black even after the change. Thinking of adding a bypass filter to the system to help eliminate some ware on the engine. Anyone know if that will create warranty issues.Thanks

It's been a while since I read it, but IIRC, the Magnuson-Voss Act meant that a warranty couldn't be voided if aftermarket parts were installed unless it was damage attributed to the modification.So, unless it either reduced oil volume/pressure or a line failed and drained the oil, I would think it'd be fine. You could check with the auxiliary filter manufacturer for specifics.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...