Correctly adding compensated hours for profit sharing

workingstiff

I want to make sure that I am adding my compensated hours correctly so that when the profit sharing checks are deposited I can compare my hours to payrolls hours.

1) Are my remaining unused vacation and EAA hours paid to me considered compensated hours and therefore added into my total for profit sharing?

2) If I worked 10 hours on a paid holiday, how many hours do I add into my compensated total for that day? And how does this change if I either convert to an EAA day or take full pay for that day?

3) Do I add compensated hours from ALL of my 2015 paychecks, or only the hours actually worked in 2015? This would exclude the first check (2014 hours worked) and include the first check of 2016 (2015 hours worked)

I want to make sure that I am adding my compensated hours correctly so that when the profit sharing checks are deposited I can compare my hours to payrolls hours.

1) Are my remaining unused vacation and EAA hours paid to me considered compensated hours and therefore added into my total for profit sharing?

2) If I worked 10 hours on a paid holiday, how many hours do I add into my compensated total for that day? And how does this change if I either convert to an EAA day or take full pay for that day?

3) Do I add compensated hours from ALL of my 2015 paychecks, or only the hours actually worked in 2015? This would exclude the first check (2014 hours worked) and include the first check of 2016 (2015 hours worked)

I was told ten hours of double time is still just 10 hours.

Hours inside the plant is what counts, not the hours you tallied up with time and a half and double time. I was told also that scheduled vacation time counts, if you awol'd and used time after that does not.

How truthful what I was told actually is I'm not so sure but it sounds like it makes sense.

tooltime, I already tried your novel idea of reading the contract prior to my post. Nowhere did it give me a clear answer to question #1 or 2 above. I assumed the answer to question #3 but was hoping for verification. Please feel free to read the contract and find these answers for me though.

Great, you read it............. good start.

Can you tell me volume, article and section #?

How rude.....Workingstiff asked a question on a subject he is not quite clear on. He did not ask to be tested on material he read. If you know the answer...let him know. No need to be a tool about it

Fact of the matter, nobody reads the language. Workingstiff would have the answer if read the language.

I dont expect a page #, section # volume# nor any logicaal answer because NOBODY reads the language

Volume III Page 81. Section 3 under definitions.

If you don't have anything constructive to say, why respond?

• Like 1

1. Contract doesn't specify. All it says is vacation pay. I would guess any unused hours paid at the end of the year would count. Just a guess though.

2. 18 hours. 10 hours straight time worked, plus the 8 hours holiday.

3. Use all compensated hours that appear on a check issued for the year 2015.

Hours worked, not Hours paid, including all vacation and personal hours. If you were paid in lieu for any unused hours it also included in your profit share.

Example: you worked 8 hours on your RDO at time and a half you are paid 12 hours, your hours worked was only 8 hours. So you would include only 8 hours in your total.