Livonia Transmission vs. MAP

pillsbarry

Caustic, you obviously do NOT enjoy your job. Otherwise, you would not be on here bitching about what others do. If you truly enjoy your job so much, it wouldn't matter one bit what someone else does. Your own remarks tell everyone how much you hate your job and want a better one. But you can lie to yourself all you want. Your own words speak louder than you think. And they show you for the Self Centered ASS that you are.

• Like 1

Caustic, you obviously do NOT enjoy your job. Otherwise, you would not be on here bitching about what others do. If you truly enjoy your job so much, it wouldn't matter one bit what someone else does. Your own remarks tell everyone how much you hate your job and want a better one. But you can lie to yourself all you want. Your own words speak louder than you think. And they show you for the Self Centered ASS that you are.

Bad post.

I do like my job. I'm proud to be a part of producing the greatest truck in the world. I do not like hearing constant bitching ar work by people near me how they are getting short changed...and in my case it's always the old timers.

I've had to listen to for the better half of two years how joe blow and 5 others just like him are getting fucked by their union, employer, government, and coworkers.

They have it so bad because of the veba, no potential pension increase, union dues are too high, and when they finally retire their pension is taxed.

I hear very few "inprogression" workers bitching and quite a few traditional employees always complaining about the same things. It's irritating , maybe this is just how it is in my area and it's different elsewhere...I hope it is. I honesty didn't intend to throw stones at any of you directly.

The point is I guess if you have X amount of years in and are miserable, most I have personally dealt with are, then it's time to go. I still say a 35 year max should be in place, it might save some of these guys from themselves and they wouldn't be miserable old fucks.

Geez..i leave for a few days and my thread gets hijacked and turned into a seniorty fight.

thats not what this was about.

I am just skeptical..of a guy's motive ......who happens to have 44 years and has been in ..like 4 different plants??

He claims that he is concerened for the membership...but cant bring one thing that would help us . The membership has been served this same way for 50 yrs.

So ..according to him...the current membership is too stupid to know what is good for them...and luckily he arrived just in time to save us from ourselves.

And..he is also saying the every retiree..who built this plant and its reputation...didnt know what they were doing and if ONLY he could have been here back then..they would all be better off because he could have split the pres/chair

Geez..i leave for a few days and my thread gets hijacked and turned into a seniorty fight.

thats not what this was about.

I am just skeptical..of a guy's motive ......who happens to have 44 years and has been in ..like 4 different plants??

He claims that he is concerened for the membership...but cant bring one thing that would help us . The membership has been served this same way for 50 yrs.

So ..according to him...the current membership is too stupid to know what is good for them...and luckily he arrived just in time to save us from ourselves.

And..he is also saying the every retiree..who built this plant and its reputation...didnt know what they were doing and if ONLY he could have been here back then..they would all be better off because he could have split the pres/chair

Sounds like he has plenty of snake oil for sale.

I said it once I'll say it again. All you"old timers" need to try to be intellectually honest.Ford is not a career choice. Nobody ever grew up saying " I want to be a line worker when I grow up." And going around bragging I've got 39, I've got 40 hell I've got 50 years in. Who gives a great damn, you are bragging about keeping a job you can't get fired from. Great job boys and girls now go home and stay there so your kids and grand kids might have a job now. Thanks

Edited by one of a kind

• 4 weeks later...

So...a new definition of an arse-whooping was added to Websters Dictionary yesterday after the voting of that feable attempt to change our by-laws.

Sorry Paul...you are a bitter...selfish arrogant old man....everyone saw right through you. Time to retire...time for

MAP GO HOME

So now that the vote is over and so many are happy that nothing changes...we are about to become a local with a FULL TIME vice President, a FULL TIME Recording Secretary, and a PART TIME President, and PART TIME Chairman... makes absolutely no sense to me. One person can not in any way devote FULL TIME to two different jobs..

But its what these folks want...so now they have to accept the fact that things would be much better with two FULL TIME positions than they would be under current PART TIME positions,

Can ANYONE tell me how the proposed change would adversely effect all of the retirees that were brought in to FIX the vote? I would think that they would be better served by a FULL TIME president serving their needs, while a FULL TIME Chairman serves the needs of the PLANT

The argument that "we've always done it this way" simply refuses to recognize that change is needed to fight off the constant attacks on our UAW rights'

If anyone is silly enough to even think that our current part time president was responsible for bringing the work into the plant, they had best wake up, and understand that FORD does what FORD wants and WHERE they want to do it. The work was brought to Livonia because it benefits FORD, not to benefit workers.

Edited by trailfndr
  • Like 1

So now that the vote is over and so many are happy that nothing changes...we are about to become a local with a FULL TIME vice President, a FULL TIME Recording Secretary, and a PART TIME President, and PART TIME Chairman... makes absolutely no sense to me. One person can not in any way devote FULL TIME to two different jobs..

But its what these folks want...so now they have to accept the fact that things would be much better with two FULL TIME positions than they would be under current PART TIME positions,

Can ANYONE tell me how the proposed change would adversely effect all of the retirees that were brought in to FIX the vote? I would think that they would be better served by a FULL TIME president serving their needs, while a FULL TIME Chairman serves the needs of the PLANT

The argument that "we've always done it this way" simply refuses to recognize that change is needed to fight off the constant attacks on our UAW rights'

If anyone is silly enough to even think that our current part time president was responsible for bringing the work into the plant, they had best wake up, and understand that FORD does what FORD wants and WHERE they want to do it. The work was brought to Livonia because it benefits FORD, not to benefit workers.

Outstanding post.

Hey dummy, 108 retirees showed up to vote. You only had 91 people show to vote in favor of it. You wouldn't have passed it if no retirees voted. :hysterical:

Fixed?? We split the room and you lost. Deal with it.

The only attacks we need to fight off are from you MAP assholes.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, why did you dip shits leave MAP if it was so great over there?? You had this system over there and you left.

Edited by 182

Sounds just like here at the 551 when we split the President/Chairperson position. They bused in retiree`s to vote against it too. Seems those in control will do whatever it takes to stay that way, thank g-d the weak minded (sheep) didn`t out number those that could think for themselves the day CAP got a full time plant chairperson.

I find it interesting that the weak minded (sheep virus) aren`t confined to one local...... but then again after all these years of being told "there`s no need to think, read or form an opinion, your representatives will do that for you" is actually working out.

Decker, This was simply the first volley. It WILL eventually get done...Regardless of what the Sheep want. Since those arriving at the plant will soon outnumber those that were here...I would say that the days of doing things they "Way they always did" are numbered

Well, I won`t say that it can`t happen but, if you take into consideration only the numbers of any certain group of members you may be surprise.

I say this because of what is in place here at CAP. It has been a few years since the membership with 10 or more years of seniority has been the majority. Our sisters and brothers that were tier 2 or entry level or one of the other pay grades have been the majority for some time now here at the 551. This if you look at their numbers would lend the thought of these younger members being somewhat in control of such things as elected positions or using their numbers to control the general membership meetings by applying their numbers to enact change in the daily business of the local. (551 only needs 80 members to constitute a quorum) (551, well over 4 thousand members....)

Numbers, youth and the willing to work toward change for the best for themselves..... three ingredients that the young 551 members only have two of. But, unfortunately for to many of our younger members they have been schooled in the "you don`t need to think" discipline and have a list of excuses not to work for their best interests, as long as many other groups, and even with their numbers they don`t come out to vote for such things as a local agreement or district positions.

But there is a reason for this, I think.... it is apparent to many, that a large number of our younger sisters and brother are taking pointers from some family members and some game playing members and moving right into the FMLA, attendance gray area and the abundant restrictions membership. So as an exchange for all these helpful work ethic techniques, these younger brothers and sisters tend to agree to the "you don`t have to think because we will do that for you" way of union mind set.

To bad the younger members can`t see the truth in their numbers. It takes 80 of them to control the official business of the local. It took about 25% of the total membership to vote a local into place, with little or no input or benefit from or for the younger members. Then it only takes 80 or 90 votes to win a district position.....

Old Sheep passing on the herd mentality to the lambs, the future of unionism?

Decker, This was simply the first volley. It WILL eventually get done...Regardless of what the Sheep want. Since those arriving at the plant will soon outnumber those that were here...I would say that the days of doing things they "Way they always did" are numbered

And yet out of the 300+ MAP people that came to Livonia only 91 had the balls to show up and vote. Again, 91.

You fail to realize not many people even care about how the union is ran. Only you dumb fucks are the ones crying about change. All 91 of you.

You pissed off every Livonia worker and retiree, and even in defeat are still talking shit.

• 1 month later...