Livonia Transmission vs. MAP

pillsbarry

Per the Uaw constitution you have a right to change your local bylaws. The membership decides whether to accept it or not. It is not uncommon to separate the president and chairman position. You do when your membership numbers go up, so that your chairman can have the time to represent you properly. It has nothing to do with your plant. It is about the numbers go up and more reps get put on. Look in your national agreement.

Correct. And this local ..over the last 50 yrs..have had the chance to do that...but chose not to. When we pass

1500..we get a full time VP back ...my understanding is if we split...we lose our veep. Personally...i would rather have two on the floor instead of one here..one across the street

But...our plant has always been different..we dont do what all the other plants do. Our local has always been stronger or stronger then most. The plant has always been successful....

But fo some guy..with 44 yrs seniorty..who has only been here two months...to come in here like a bull in a china shop...telling us his way is better just because

"Other locals do it"...sorry..not good enough reason...its seems very self serving and all about him. Nothing he said was directed about the benifits to the membership .

Looks like just another bitter old man who wont retire and wants to make a new cake job for himself to ride out into his retirement

But...our plant has always been different..we dont do what all the other plants do. Our local has always been stronger or stronger then most. The plant has always been successful....

But fo some guy..with 44 yrs seniorty..who has only been here two months...to come in here like a bull in a china shop...telling us his way is better just because

"Other locals do it"...sorry..not good enough reason...its seems very self serving and all about him. Nothing he said was directed about the benifits to the membership .

Looks like just another bitter old man who wont retire and wants to make a new cake job for himself to ride out into his retirement

If he is on year 44 he isn't retiring.

I said and still say they need a 35 year maximum. These old fucks need to go, I'm tired of hearing them bitch and have the easiest job in the building.

If you start working at Ford when your 18, And you don't get full SS until your 66.5, your likely to have 48 yrs in. I don't blame anyone wanting to get their full benefits. Those bitching about this are more than likely low seniority and wanting those gravy jobs themselves..Got to remember those old timers were busting ass when you were no more than a fresh load in momma. They deserve a little slack their final yrs.

• Like 4

If you start working at Ford when your 18, And you don't get full SS until your 66.5, your likely to have 48 yrs in. I don't blame anyone wanting to get their full benefits. Those bitching about this are more than likely low seniority and wanting those gravy jobs themselves..Got to remember those old timers were busting ass when you were no more than a fresh load in momma. They deserve a little slack their final yrs.

Fuck that.

If you have 30 years at Ford and haven't been able to set yourself up nicely to be out after 30 years then you're broke ass deserves what you get.

I agree that people on their way out should have it easier their last 5-6 years. If you've been on your way out for the last 15 that is something else and their needs to be a cap.

And what the hell are you talking about full benefits? If you have 30-35 years how do you not get full benefits?

if you hire in at 18 (20 for me), and you retire before tour full retirement age, you get a reduced benefit.

Under your rules, forcing me at 50 or 55 would force me to collect my Social Security at age 62. When the Ford early retirement supplemental is cut off, I would only get 70% of my full time benefits.

Now, am I going to work 47 years? I sure hope not. I max out my TESPHE every year (which I cannot access until age 59) and I save on top of that. But if you think you have the right, or the expectation, of telling me when I HAVE to retire, then you can just go fuck yourself.

• Like 4

if you hire in at 18 (20 for me), and you retire before tour full retirement age, you get a reduced benefit.

Under your rules, forcing me at 50 or 55 would force me to collect my Social Security at age 62. When the Ford early retirement supplemental is cut off, I would only get 70% of my full time benefits.

Now, am I going to work 47 years? I sure hope not. I max out my TESPHE every year (which I cannot access until age 59) and I save on top of that. But if you think you have the right, or the expectation, of telling me when I HAVE to retire, then you can just go fuck yourself.

Fuck off. Retire amd get out of the way you old fucks hanging around are useless.

:nonono: grow the fuck up caustic..... so you wont have to take your shoes off to help you count, I`m one of those old fucks yep this Sept. makes 40 years for me and I won`t make 60 till 2017. Get it? I`m healthy, I help both my kindala, I make sure Mom has everything she needs, (Vegas twice last year with her crew) hell I even seem to help the former every now and then... and I ask no one for there permission to come to work. Nor do I think your opinion of higher seniority people is anything other than a generalization from a whining bitch.....

A cap for years of work...? How bout a cap on stupid asses....?

• Like 2

Caustic and 182. Just a couple of young ass PUNKS that have to work the line and don't like it. GO AWAY kids. The ADULTS in the room don't want or need your whiney ass crap. You are not even old enough, nor intelligent enough to see how things work in the real world. You go ahead and retire in your early 50's if you so desire, but everyone with a lick of common sense knows that you won't do that, as your life will change over the years, and IF you should last lo0ng enough, you will see and maybe begin to understand what EXPERIENCED people have tried to explain to you, when you were to young, and STUPID to listen.

Retiring at a young age SOUNDS real nice, but its not reality. Why in hell would anyone retire from a good job at a young age, and still have years left in them when they feel good, are in good health, and retiring would cost them money that they earned in Social Security bennies? we can be sure that when you reach that stage in life, that all your dreams and wishes that you have today, will have changed and you will have a different outlook on life. Unfortunately for you, by the time that happens, you and people like you will have destroyed the Union and then can be tossed out in the cold at the whim of Ford, and then go take a greeters job at Wal-Mart, while you struggle to make ends meet and pay your medical bills that only mount higher as you age.

Good luck to you....You will need it.

I work with a guy with 38 years, he is 70 years young, and you young ass PUNKS could not hold a candle to him, nor could you even hope to keep up with the pace he sets for himself. You simply don't have a fucking clue!

• Like 2

So some fool is 70 and still coming to work is something to be proud of? You idiots are institutionalized. I guess he feels like he is going to live forever and still has time to do other things

I dont care to hold a candle to some dumbass still working at 70. He will die on the line. Never spending a dime of his pension.

BTW the time to retire IS when you feel good and are in good health. Fucking idiot. Waste the good years you have left working when you can go out and live while you still can.

This explains it to you. Mr 70 years old with 38 years is a fucking moron.

http://uawlocal2250.com/pdf%20files/GM_Work_or_Retire.pdf

Look at the overtime example: thirteen hours a week of overtime, plus 40 hours of regular pay, minus taxes, PSP and expenses, comes out to about $4,728, compared to $3,810 to not work. Net difference for 53 hours a week (not counting travel to and from work) is about $918 a month. Is this exciting? Claudio’s making $4.00 per hour working here.

Edited by 182

Did you even look at the example you're using? That example assumes that person has a 200k PSP (TESPHE) account that they are drawing $833 per month out of. How long will that last with a 49 year old? Not including the fact you can't draw anything out of a TESPHE until 59 1/2 unless you want to pay a penalty.

It also it is based on 2008 tax codes. Since then, Michigan has implemented a tax on pensions.

Try again.

• Like 2

Caustic and 182. Just a couple of young ass PUNKS that have to work the line and don't like it. GO AWAY kids. The ADULTS in the room don't want or need your whiney ass crap. You are not even old enough, nor intelligent enough to see how things work in the real world. You go ahead and retire in your early 50's if you so desire, but everyone with a lick of common sense knows that you won't do that, as your life will change over the years, and IF you should last lo0ng enough, you will see and maybe begin to understand what EXPERIENCED people have tried to explain to you, when you were to young, and STUPID to listen.

Retiring at a young age SOUNDS real nice, but its not reality. Why in hell would anyone retire from a good job at a young age, and still have years left in them when they feel good, are in good health, and retiring would cost them money that they earned in Social Security bennies? we can be sure that when you reach that stage in life, that all your dreams and wishes that you have today, will have changed and you will have a different outlook on life. Unfortunately for you, by the time that happens, you and people like you will have destroyed the Union and then can be tossed out in the cold at the whim of Ford, and then go take a greeters job at Wal-Mart, while you struggle to make ends meet and pay your medical bills that only mount higher as you age.

Good luck to you....You will need it.

I work with a guy with 38 years, he is 70 years young, and you young ass PUNKS could not hold a candle to him, nor could you even hope to keep up with the pace he sets for himself. You simply don't have a fucking clue!

I enjoy my job actually.

So you can go fist yourself.

This explains it to you. Mr 70 years old with 38 years is a fucking moron.

http://uawlocal2250.com/pdf%20files/GM_Work_or_Retire.pdf

Look at the overtime example: thirteen hours a week of overtime, plus 40 hours of regular pay, minus taxes, PSP and expenses, comes out to about $4,728, compared to $3,810 to not work. Net difference for 53 hours a week (not counting travel to and from work) is about $918 a month. Is this exciting? Claudios making $4.00 per hour working here.

Last I checked we work at Ford dumbass!! Why are you using a formula from GM?????

• Like 1